Sign in to follow this  
ferret

Introduction

Hi all, great to find this forum. I've been messing about with leather for a few years, (resulting in a lot of messed up leather), completely self taught (so I can't blame anyone else). Fortunately there aren't too many crafters here in the UK, so my freinds have nothing to compare with and keep encouraging me. When I get a camera I'll post some pics and give you all a good laugh.

Dave

Dave,

Glad you found us. Your work is probably better than you think and there are a great group of pro's here that are willing to help you improve even more. Looking forward to photo's

Welcome to the group Dave,

The coffee and donuts are free, I'm the guy standing next to them with my mouth full. There are a lot of folks here to talk you through nearly everything possible....so enjoy the site.

Dave Theobald

Hi Dave welcome to the forum, glad you found us, pics would be great and if you find the donuts let me know i cant find them, Don

Dave,

Nice to see another Brit here. Great information, great humour, excellent help and a 'must visit' and 'must-keep-visiting' site. I belong to a UK leather forum that hasn't had a post since June so this beats it hands-down for activity and I've found everyone far more likely to pass on trade secrets and useful information.

I'm in Cumbria (until we move to the middle of nowhere in Scotland) so drop me a PM if you're close.

Gary

Thanks for the welcome. :) managed to find a few pics of stuff I did a couple of years ago.

the patch and wallet are 2/3 oz kip, the case is 6/7 oz . As you can see I still have a lot to learn.

Dave

dragonpatch.jpg

phonecase.jpg

wallet.jpg

post-5295-1196673797_thumb.jpg

post-5295-1196673834_thumb.jpg

post-5295-1196673865_thumb.jpg

Nice stuff ferret, and nice to see someone in the uk, playing with leather too.... I love the dragon.

Real nice looking ferret, what are you using to color those with?

Ken

The dragon patch is coloured with fiebings and a woodwash for the horns and teeth. The wallet is done with acrylics, but it's now a couple of years old and the colour is getting patchy.

Dave