Sign in to follow this  
Grunt

sheath number eight

This is sheath number eight. I figure I will stop counting when my work gets good enough to sell.

First pic..front view of sheath.

ratfront.jpg

Rear view...

ratrear.jpg

Detail view of snap area...

ratdetail.jpg

Here is the sheath with a matching belt I made to go with the sheath and a pair of my boots.

ratandbelt1.jpg

A group pic

boots.jpg

Hope every one likes them.

Regards,

Nick

Nick it looks like a tough rig,,the knife looks like a Busse,,

I like the edge of the sheath and belt looks like you put a lot of work in them.

PS: did you want the strap that short after the snap or would it work a little easier if you left a short tab??

Edited by Skipknives

Thanks for the kind words!

THe knife is indeed a Busse( well a swamprat anyway). And yes now that you mention it a small tab at the end would be helpful. I will include that on my next sheath. :head_hurts_kr: Thanks for the help

Nick

Nice rig Grunt....I like it a lot....looks like good solid using gear.

Try this next time on the retention strap...make it from the part of the leather next to the belt loop. so it's actually part of the back layer of leather, just split it away from the part that makes up the belt loop...hope I'm clear in describing that...let me know if I'm not...I'll send you a drawing as only I can draw it... :NEWFUNNYPOST:

Nice rig Grunt....I like it a lot....looks like good solid using gear.

Try this next time on the retention strap...make it from the part of the leather next to the belt loop. so it's actually part of the back layer of leather, just split it away from the part that makes up the belt loop...hope I'm clear in describing that...let me know if I'm not...I'll send you a drawing as only I can draw it... :NEWFUNNYPOST:

Yeah that makes sense! I will try that also. I was just going to fix the retention strap with a rivet next time.

That's what I like about this place folks are willing to offer up useful advice.

Regards,

Nick

Edited by Grunt

Grunt , looks good. as for as the fasting strap

take a look at the way i did mine. they are listed on the holsters

and knife sheath page..