PEU

Help Me identify this machine

Hi guys, ages of not posting, can you help me identify this machine, and if you know it tell me something about it?

It's single needle walking foot for extra heavy-duty leatherworking, this machine is built like a tractor, super heavy yet uses the same table as half sized machines. Googled the brand but I only get a factory in China. I'm sure is being sold by other names too or is a clone of a known brand.

Thanks in advance!!

photo_2024-02-16_13-40-48.thumb.jpg.b680530ca32a56e1392ca6fe2624a972.jpg

Edited by PEU

I did a search including the model number (SB-6180-1) and really didn't get anything on it. There is a Singer 6180 sewing machine. It doesn't look the same so it isn't a copy of that.

Just now, MarshalWill said:

I did a search including the model number (SB-6180-1) and really didn't get anything on it. There is a Singer 6180 sewing machine. It doesn't look the same so it isn't a copy of that.

Did the same, got a singer brillance home machine with the same number, then I posted here :lol: Thanks Will

LOL, at lease our results are consistent. If you just glance at the logo without paying much attention, it looks like they might have been trying to make a Singer-ish looking name on it.

And resembles an Adler 204 now that I looked to the link in the previous post. 

[edit] there are many 204 models it seems, this one looks like the slimmer one 204-64 but with walking foot.

Edited by PEU

Reminds me of a Singer 132K6 when looking at the feet, thread lever, needle plate and tension unit but machine seems to have a barrel hook (see bobbin winder).

Regarding Sibyer I found this: http://www.sibyer.com/wap/cp.asp

Use google translate

Crap - they have every sewing machine you can imagine - sewing machine wonderland :lol:

Edited by Constabulary

Excellent detective work, I was unable to find their home page, well now I know the origin at least LOL. Still think it looks pretty similar to the smaller Adler 204

Thanks!!

What do you guys think of this machine, brand new at $1100, its a tank, really heavy duty, double the size of a typical 0303 for example, I asked if it can be slowed down changing a pulley from 80mm to 40 and they said it can be done, Im sewing 3/8"- 1/2" knife sheaths. Not big runs, I'm just tired of hand stitching.

Thanks!