Sign in to follow this  
Ken2

Singer 29-4

All,

I have a Singer 29-4 machine that has been subject to a fall sometime in its past.  The arm end(about the last 2 1/2") has been broken off.  I tried some steel epoxy glue and it seemed it would work but it has since broken off again. The entire upper part of the machine works good since I totally disassembled it, cleaned all the parts, relubed them and put it back together.

So, what to do with the machine.  I feel I have three choices;

1.  Try to find a new base.  The base will detach from the upper part of the machine by way of 4 large screws accessible from the underside.  If anybody has one they would part with please let me know.

2. I can sell the entire machine for parts.  It has a Singer treadle stand in good shape.  The machine has all its parts except for the lifter lever (pt#8671), the clamping screw (pt#515), and the slide block washer (pt#8626).  The lifting levers are readily available from several suppliers and the block washer could be easily made.  The clamping screw will be the same as other screws on this series of machine.

3. I can sell individual parts.  Not sure I want to mess with this but I would consider it. 

I guess I will consider any offers and suggestions.  I am located in central Minnesota.

Thanks,

Ken

BTW  I am located in central MN.

Ken

Edited by Ken2
Forgot information

27 minutes ago, Ken2 said:

I think you need to decide what you are doing with this machine before placing an ad to sell it.  Pictures would go a long way towards helping people understand exactly what is broken.

Please read the marketplace rules and conform.  You must provide a price, any information or restrictions on shipping, and photos when possible.  Failure to conform may result in your ad being blocked.

See the marketplace rules here  https://leatherworker.net/forum/forum/70-announcements/

2 hours ago, Ken2 said:

All,

I have a Singer 29-4 machine that has been subject to a fall sometime in its past.  The arm end(about the last 2 1/2") has been broken off.  I tried some steel epoxy glue and it seemed it would work but it has since broken off again. The entire upper part of the machine works good since I totally disassembled it, cleaned all the parts, relubed them and put it back together.

1.  Try to find a new base.  The base will detach from the upper part of the machine by way of 4 large screws accessible from the underside.  If anybody has one they would part with please let me know.

2. I can sell the entire machine for parts.  It has a Singer treadle stand in good shape.  The machine has all its parts except for the lifter lever (pt#8671), the clamping screw (pt#515), and the slide block washer (pt#8626).  The lifting levers are readily available from several suppliers and the block washer could be easily made.  The clamping screw will be the same as other screws on this series of machine.

3. I can sell individual parts.  Not sure I want to mess with this but I would consider it. 

I guess I will consider any offers and suggestions.  I am located in central Minnesota.

Thanks,

Ken

BTW  I am located in central MN.

Ken

Have it brazed or welded with nickel rod if it is cast iron. Being a 29-4 I'm sure it is. 

To followup on this machine for sale or if you have parts as I stated above, here is a pic of the machine and the break in the arm.  Slightly hard to see but you can see the glue line. I am open to offers but would like to start at $200 if you want to buy it.  If you have a base for sale please contact me through this site.

Thanks,

Ken

image000000_800_600.jpg

image0000200_800_600.jpg