Guest jsfarm

Singer 211G155 running backwards

Guest jsfarm

Hello!

I bought a 1950's or 60's Singer 211g155 machine with a clutch motor at a auction for $25. It hasn't ran for a long time so I knew it would need some tlc. We got it freed up and to the point to sew to try it out but its feeding backwards not forwards. How can we get it to feed the right direction? This model does not have reverse. 

Sound like the motor is running backwards or the motor needs flipped 180° or end for end. 

Join LW and post your questions in the forum leather sewing machines.  You'll get more exposure there, and more help.

What is LW?

I got it thanks!!!!

On 3/9/2024 at 9:01 PM, Guest jsfarm said:

Hello!

I bought a 1950's or 60's Singer 211g155 machine with a clutch motor at a auction for $25. It hasn't ran for a long time so I knew it would need some tlc. We got it freed up and to the point to sew to try it out but its feeding backwards not forwards. How can we get it to feed the right direction? This model does not have reverse. 

Hi

I've just received this really helpful file originally written for the Navy from Cowboy and it mentions how to fix a problem with machines sewing backwards, I'm very new so not sure if this is helpful but take a look. The information on sewing machines starts on page 57 of the document https://leatherworker.net/forum/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=200736

I'm new to this and not sure if I've attached the document correctly, if not maybe Cowboy can jump in and help with this 

Edited by Shazbaz
Unsure if I have attached the document correctly