Sign in to follow this  
Paulin631

Bonis Fur machine

I have an opportunity to buy an old Bonis Fur sewing machine. I've been hand stitching for months, mostly totes. I make 2 or 3 a year. I can't justify a sewing machine for my needs but this is local and $150 with table and motor. Does anyone think it can utilize this machine for making leather totes? Maybe the long seams before I turn the bag. Thanks for any help.

3 hours ago, Paulin631 said:

I have an opportunity to buy an old Bonis Fur sewing machine. I've been hand stitching for months, mostly totes. I make 2 or 3 a year. I can't justify a sewing machine for my needs but this is local and $150 with table and motor. Does anyone think it can utilize this machine for making leather totes? Maybe the long seams before I turn the bag. Thanks for any help.

Moved your post to leather sewing machines.

$150 is cheap . It may inspire you to make other items if you bought it.  ;) But I'd be  getting it at that price. 

HS 

Personally,  I'd be buying this machine because I think they're neat, but its not the machine for making totes in my opinion. I think it will make the wrong kind of stitches for that purpose. 

I can't complain about that price but just don't want to waste time on a machine I can't use. You Makena great point but would feel better knowing I could use it for 2 layers of 5 Oz veg tan! Wishful thinking.