AlZilla

Another slow down option?

The 750SL And the 750SH are in fact the same motor except for the circuitry. The SH has additional circuitry to protect it from overheating when sewing extremely thick leather at extremely slow speeds. Also, the 750SH has more functions programmed into the controller, but I’m not sure what those extra functions consist of. 

The 750SL is approximately $300 delivered in the US, and the 750SH is approximately $350 delivered in the US

On 6/2/2024 at 9:34 PM, James1 said:

Just curious if anyone else has purchased one of these yet? If so, what are your thoughts? 

@James1 Just got off the phone with Ryan Neel, I ordered the 750SL with NPS. I will be mounting it on my 441, replacing the servo & speed reducer.  I have been learning how to use my 1341 and it has a NPS and I have come to appreciate it.

Being able to keep a close eye on the needle and where it is going and not needing to watch out for where the needle bar stroke is at is useful, IMHO. I'm sure that if you are already a master at sewing machines that the NPS may not offer much use, I am not in this group yet.

I will report back how it works for me.

@CdK Nice! I took a Dremel tool and opened up the front of my needle  presser foot so I could see it better. Please let us know when you get it installed.

4 hours ago, James1 said:

@CdK Nice! I took a Dremel tool and opened up the front of my needle  presser foot so I could see it better. Please let us know when you get it installed.

@James1Good tip, I have an open slotted presser foot on my 1341 but the slot is too small to really see the needle. I have fitted parts from Hennigan Engineering & Precision and an Australian company whose name eludes me on my 441 to better suit my needs. These include the narrow feed dog & plate also narrow presser feet which is open and the needle is easy to track.

I’ll let you know once I have them installed. I contacted Ryan a little while ago and updated my order to 2 750SL units. I’ll probably need different belts as the speed reducer will be removed.

I have a singer 16-188 w/ a standard servo motor and no speed reducer.   Depending on how thick the product I'm sewing I can go very slow but a slight push on the pedal it does speed up.  So does the HM-750SL have a long travel on the pedal to keep from having to lightly feather the pedal to keep control of speed?

The pedal has a pretty short travel, but you can set the speed limit and push the pedal to the floor, but it will only go as fast as your setting, if that makes any sense