3 hours ago, Cumberland Highpower said:

I am curious if any of the late machines were made in China, or if they're all Japanese MFG?  

The last time I checked about a year or so ago they were still made in Japan but to be 100% you should phone or email Juki USA. My experience with my Juki 1181N which was made in China is NOT of the same quality as my Juki 1541S made in Japan. If the Juki LS-1341 are being made in China or Vietnam you would probably be just as well off buying a similar clone.

kgg

Those were my thoughts KGG.  I've compared Chinese clones of big Adlers and Juki's  and they're all lacking compared to originals.  If nothing else, it's a pride of ownership thing.  I'd rather sit for hours on end in front of a quality machine built in Japam rather than a Chinese Junker with a Juki badge.

Of course I know Juki probably sources some parts outside of Japan, it's the way of the world these days.  

Also look at the Juki 2341.  3rd generation machines.

glenn

On 3/17/2024 at 3:02 PM, shoepatcher said:

Also look at the Juki 2341.  3rd generation machines.

glenn

I would, but I think I could probably source 4-6 used 1341's for what I'd be into a 2341 for.  Wouldn't mind having a 2341 though.

I don't even really need a 1341, just with age I'm getting too lazy to change guides/jigs/binders.  It's easier to just sit at whatever machine gets the work :)

Buy a used 1341 then.

glenn