jsfarm

Larger hand wheel for Singer 211g155

I have seen where people have put a larger hand wheel pully and smaller puller on motor to slow machine down. Has anyone tried this on a Singer 211g155 or similar and where would I find one?

28 minutes ago, jsfarm said:

I have seen where people have put a larger hand wheel pully and smaller puller on motor to slow machine down. Has anyone tried this on a Singer 211g155 or similar and where would I find one?

I've done this on both of my machines. A Durkopp 239 which is almost the same as a Singer 111 but with reverse, and an Adler 69. A very cheap way to slow down. Bear in mind this is on a servo motor. You'll find me on here somewhere with more details. You want to look for a "Taperlock Pulley" You choose the size of the pulley you want (270mm for me) and the center boss you get to fit the back of your machine. IIRC the whole thing inc small pulley and belt cost around £40. I can do a stitch at a time.

4 hours ago, toxo said:

I've done this on both of my machines. A Durkopp 239 which is almost the same as a Singer 111 but with reverse, and an Adler 69. A very cheap way to slow down. Bear in mind this is on a servo motor. You'll find me on here somewhere with more details. You want to look for a "Taperlock Pulley" You choose the size of the pulley you want (270mm for me) and the center boss you get to fit the back of your machine. IIRC the whole thing inc small pulley and belt cost around £40. I can do a stitch at a time.

Thanks for the reply, what do you do about the bearing on the hand wheel shaft on the Singer?

You may have a problem doing this, if I remember correctly on these models the end bearing is actually part of the handwheel, unlike most models where the bearing is fitted into the main body casting. 

10 minutes ago, dikman said:

You may have a problem doing this, if I remember correctly on these models the end bearing is actually part of the handwheel, unlike most models where the bearing is fitted into the main body casting. 

Thanks

I can confirm, at least in my 211A, when I pulled the hand wheel off the bearing came with it.   It was quite a hassle pulling the wheel off too.