Ave, ahoj, and howdy. Call me Laska. I've been interested in leather since as far back as I can remember. I've experimented with a little of this n' that through the years -- tooling and stamping, fixing belts and boots, braiding and plaiting cording for jewelry -- but I've never had the funds to really dive into this art. Well, my birthday hit a week ago, and someone who loves me handed me a small pile of dream grease to do with as I pleased. The only thing that I could think to spend it on was leather stuff, and so, I've been focusing on this a lot since then. I still have some old tools and hardware from half-hearted projects, but it's barely fit for practice. So, I was happy to find this forum full of knowledgeable folk where I could casually browse through old conversations and also ask questions, while working on my shopping list. Y'all seem like a cool bunch and I look forward to meeting ya.

Leather aside, I'm also an outdoorsy, artsy, and somewhat geeky chick. I'm happier to spend a week camping and rockhounding than in an elite resort. I'd rather shoot tasty pigeons-- cans off of a fence than get my nails did. I draw and make things with my hands, but nothing particularly interesting. I play video games and own a pinball machine, but I have just as much fun doing jigsaw puzzles or reading a book. I grew up with offensive, insensitive humor and I'm sure that it made me a better person than I would have been were I raised in a sterile, sheltered environment. I have, or, I used to have, friends from all walks of life, until the Division Bell stirred the weaker among them to choose sides. I can still get along with pretty much anyone, even if our individual views don't gel. Thorny friendships are better than bitter ex-friendships, in my humble opinion, so I'll hold on whenever possible, but I won't cry over spilled politics.

So.. what song is currently stuck in your head? If you link it here, I promise I'll give it a listen. Thanks much for reading. I'll catch ya when I do.

On 3/23/2024 at 11:01 PM, Laska said:

Ave, ahoj, and howdy. Call me Laska. I've been interested in leather since as far back as I can remember. I've experimented with a little of this n' that through the years -- tooling and stamping, fixing belts and boots, braiding and plaiting cording for jewelry -- but I've never had the funds to really dive into this art. Well, my birthday hit a week ago, and someone who loves me handed me a small pile of dream grease to do with as I pleased. The only thing that I could think to spend it on was leather stuff, and so, I've been focusing on this a lot since then. I still have some old tools and hardware from half-hearted projects, but it's barely fit for practice. So, I was happy to find this forum full of knowledgeable folk where I could casually browse through old conversations and also ask questions, while working on my shopping list. Y'all seem like a cool bunch and I look forward to meeting ya.

Leather aside, I'm also an outdoorsy, artsy, and somewhat geeky chick. I'm happier to spend a week camping and rockhounding than in an elite resort. I'd rather shoot tasty pigeons-- cans off of a fence than get my nails did. I draw and make things with my hands, but nothing particularly interesting. I play video games and own a pinball machine, but I have just as much fun doing jigsaw puzzles or reading a book. I grew up with offensive, insensitive humor and I'm sure that it made me a better person than I would have been were I raised in a sterile, sheltered environment. I have, or, I used to have, friends from all walks of life, until the Division Bell stirred the weaker among them to choose sides. I can still get along with pretty much anyone, even if our individual views don't gel. Thorny friendships are better than bitter ex-friendships, in my humble opinion, so I'll hold on whenever possible, but I won't cry over spilled politics.

So.. what song is currently stuck in your head? If you link it here, I promise I'll give it a listen. Thanks much for reading. I'll catch ya when I do.

Welcome to the Zforum. Sorry so late getting back but I am not a forum 24/7 person I like to get out and live

i see you like most the things I do like rock hunting  my grand mother was a rock hound and taught me. Her #1 rule when walking creeks  was. Never try looking for rocks during the middle of ghe day.  The sun in the morning or evening cast a shadow around an arrow head that makes it easier to spot 

a song?  
here is one of my fav of all time

I find these guys very interesting 

Mongolian culture meets the west rock and roll

they sing what I’d called throat singing

and use a sitar (sp?).  With a bow.  

Now to answer the question you actually asked   What song is stuck in my head?

yhis damn song has been in my head since  1975. Whe I went to Disney world

nie it will be in yours. Lol