Teradee

Singer 45w2 (lefty) Question

I have a left-handed 45W2. When I turned the hand wheel toward me, the hook turns but seems to turn backwards. When I push the wheel away from me with my left hand, the hook picks up the thread from my needle.

I’m now very confused… Which direction does the hand wheel go on this machine? It’s set up with the cylinder facing my right and the hand wheel on the left. I assume it should be turned toward me just like if it were on my right side, correct?

if that’s true, why does the hook not pick up thread when turning the hand wheel toward me but does pick up thread when pushing it away from me?

IMG_3062 Small.png

if you sit on the other side of the machine, it works as it should.   i bet you need to run it 'backwards' from your vantage point.

Just my guess.

I don´t know the 45w but on the few left stand machine I have seen and used (I have 145K1 left stand) the hand wheels turn away from you . No matter what watch the feed dog it should always feed away from you (assuming the machine has  no reverse)

Ok. Thanks folks!