EastIDBruin

Adler 669 questions

I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on a Durkopp Adler 669 but have some setup questions.  For starters, does anyone know if the Classic Silverline or Goldline can be purchased or modified with a speed reducer?  If not, I would definitely opt for the ECO version.  I just like the idea of having a pneumatic foot lift.  Can the pneumatic foot lift and LED lights be added to an ECO?  Also, is there anything I need to consider if I want to sew bindings?  Thank you.

ok  I have a 669eco.  The 669 is the best machine in its class in the world.  Only Seiko makes a copy of it and it is not as good for about the same price.  i can tell you who has the best price on it. 

You can add a air foot lift to the 669 eco.  I have done it and I can walk you thru setting it up.    You can use a speed reducer on a 669 eco with a servo motor but cannot add needle positioner because the speed reducer screws with the needle positioner sensors.   You can add LED lights to it.  I have 2 different lights on the machine.

You can sewing bindings with the machine but that means new feet, throat plate and feed dog plus the binder.  You can make it a symmetrical feed binder.  contact me.

glenn

Edited by shoepatcher
grammar

@shoepatcher, PM sent

It would be nice to share these upgrades, modifications, and tips for all to see.