toxo

Dog collars.

Finally got their collars done. Modern advice is no name, just phone number in case they get stolen (was a spate of it over here). Trouble was my letters only had two "9"s and my number has three. Eventually ordered more letters and numbers from China and the damn things were slightly different. They wouldn't even fit in the "T" slot holder. Sending back wasn't an option so I set to with the Dremel and file and got it done. If you look closely you can see the odd one out but at least the dogs can go out with their new collars.

20240428_010102.jpg

45 minutes ago, toxo said:

Finally got their collars done.

good job! and hardly notice the number difference. Nice. I'm sure the pooches will wear them proudly.

Does your letter set has "6"s and "9"s ?...or just 9's that can be used as 6's as well?

53 minutes ago, LeatherLegion said:

Does your letter set has "6"s and "9"s ?...or just 9's that can be used as 6's as well?

Not sure why you're asking but this is the 1st set I bought after some searching because of the extra letters. The second pic shows the extra set I bought to get the 2nd "9". The two on the left are "6"s and the bit that set's them apart from the "9"s is the shoulders. If you turn them around they won't fit in the holder. The ones on the right come from the second set and are completely different. They would be fine if all your letters were the same but this is what you get when ordering from different companies at different times. I had to file down one of the second "9"s to alter not only the the shoulders but the overall fit in the holder.

20240429_214628.jpg

20240429_215736.jpg

Some sets will give 6's that can be used as 9;s ...or the other way around and they will match each other 

3 hours ago, LeatherLegion said:

Some sets will give 6's that can be used as 9;s ...or the other way around and they will match each other 

I daresay there are but my point was that there is no standardisation so if you intend getting into foiling you'd best buy your three sets of letters from the same company at the same time. If you look closely at my original set, the shoulders are bigger below the number. if you turn one around they won't line up. This latest set do appear to be more equal top/bottom so the "9"s and "6"s probably will match but they're no good to me because they're bigger overall and in the shoulders and won't fit in any of my three letter holders.

Beautiful collars. Are they for your pups? We got into leather working after adopting a Norfolk Terrier from freekoreandogs.org last year. We live about two miles from a Tandy Leather store, so we bought what we needed to make some collars for our Teddy. We’ve been back dozens of time now, and have great joy in working at the dining room table in the evenings. Teddy sits on a chair in between us. 

IMG_4382.jpeg

Edited by TomWilson

7 hours ago, TomWilson said:

Beautiful collars. Are they for your pups? We got into leather working after adopting a Norfolk Terrier from freekoreandogs.org last year. We live about two miles from a Tandy Leather store, so we bought what we needed to make some collars for our Teddy. We’ve been back dozens of time now, and have great joy in working at the dining room table in the evenings. Teddy sits on a chair in between us. 

IMG_4382.jpeg

ThanksTom, although no longer puppies by some way. Although there's no danger of them running off I don't want to risk it. People ask why I'm not worried about them running off? Not a chance. If I'm sitting on the loo the three of them will lay at my feet.

Teddy looks good. Terriers have so much character.