toxo

Stitchman servo motor.

Does anyone have an English user manual for this motor?

It came with my new machine which is a copy of the Techsew 2750. The motor seems ok and I can get it to start really slowly and speed up on the treadle but apparently it has a needle up and a needle down setting. It came with a normal NPS as well but I can't get that to work properly because the machine has a speed reducer. If someone was really good on this machine they could almost get the needle up/down on the treadle but I can't do it with any consistency. The user manual for the motor is mostly Chinese and the English bits just make me laugh.

Any advice anyone?

20240428_095745.jpg

Edited by toxo

You most likely will not be able to get the needle postioner to work with a speed reducer.  The simple reason is a needle postioner reads the location of the input shaft of the machine, it is programmed for a particular distance per revolution.  With a speed reducer, that distance per revolution is now changed, the positioner is not designed for the change and therefore can't work.

19 minutes ago, fibersport said:

You most likely will not be able to get the needle postioner to work with a speed reducer.  The simple reason is a needle postioner reads the location of the input shaft of the machine, it is programmed for a particular distance per revolution.  With a speed reducer, that distance per revolution is now changed, the positioner is not designed for the change and therefore can't work.

I appreciate that but the blurb seems to be saying that the motor is capable of needle positioning on it's own. If you look at the picture the two dots above the "P" are for needle up and needle down. I like having needle positioning. On my other two machines I've replaced the handwheel with a larger pulley to slow down the machine which it does very well as well as giving more torque and the normal NPS works very well on both.

I wonder if the normal NPS would work on the motor pulley?

the servo on my Cobra 4 looks same. 

1.jpg

2.jpg

Edited by Northmount
Rotated pictures so top is at top and re-uploaded

4 hours ago, 1hp said:

the servo on my Cobra 4 looks same. 

Thanks for that 1hp. I'd kinda figured out that much but was thinking was there more to the first part where it talks about needle up/down. Is it saying the motor can do this or only in conjunction with a traditional NPS? Here's what mine looks like.

servo page 9.jpg

Servo page 10.jpg

Servo page11.jpg

Servo page 12.jpg

not sure as i do not have an NPS. there are outlets for connecting one though. Leather Machine Co. does sell a class 4 with NPS & speed reducer.

Edited by 1hp
more information

Some NP's will work with a speed reducer, but in most cases you won't know until you try it.

52 minutes ago, dikman said:

Some NP's will work with a speed reducer, but in most cases you won't know until you try it.

I think I'm gonna try to fit the normal NPS onto the motor pulley. The machine is perfectly usable and will get better as I get  used to it but I do like my NPSs.

i put a 40mm pulley on the Cobra 4 motor. in conjunction with the speed reducer, it will go really slow.

3 hours ago, toxo said:

I think I'm gonna try to fit the normal NPS onto the motor pulley. The machine is perfectly usable and will get better as I get  used to it but I do like my NPSs.

It will be  fair bit of messing around but worth a try. I don't think anyone has fitted one to the motor before so it will be an interesting experiment.

3 hours ago, dikman said:

It will be  fair bit of messing around but worth a try. I don't think anyone has fitted one to the motor before so it will be an interesting experiment.

Maybe not. Depends on how much thread is sticking out past the securing nut. The aluminium boss that the nps slides onto is hollow. Don't have a lathe anymore but I'll give it a try.