shoe

225 consew slow down

I need to slow down my first light sewing machine. I've seen Wizz suggest a very nice motor from toledo I think. I've also seen a box on top of the clutch motor. I've also seen a combination of the two.

What do I actually need to sew light glove weight leather to upholster guitar pads. I have an outlaw for heavier leather. 

I also need to be using it asap. I can expand later if I need. 

Thank you for your help.

387074355_262538590105356_4646501972000796035_n.jpg

Edited by shoe
Added time frame

The first thing to do is fit a servo motor, preferably with a small 45mm pulley. That may be slow enough to do what you want, if not the next step is to fit a speed reducer pulley setup between the motor and the sewing machine. There are generally two commercially available types, the box type you're referring to and a large/small combined pulley on an arm. But if you currently have a clutch motor swap to a servo! The one Wizz suggests is a proven type, but any of the generic ones on ebay will be a vast improvement over a clutch motor.

20 minutes ago, dikman said:

The first thing to do is fit a servo motor, preferably with a small 45mm pulley. That may be slow enough to do what you want, if not the next step is to fit a speed reducer pulley setup between the motor and the sewing machine. There are generally two commercially available types, the box type you're referring to and a large/small combined pulley on an arm. But if you currently have a clutch motor swap to a servo! The one Wizz suggests is a proven type, but any of the generic ones on ebay will be a vast improvement over a clutch motor.

Thank you, that's the info i needed in the order I needed it :)