Moti

non-leather sewing machines

Can someone recommend  on forums for non-leather sewing machines, such as Bartek and Overlook machines

Plz

5 hours ago, Moti said:

Can someone recommend  on forums for non-leather sewing machines, such as Bartek and Overlook machines

Plz

I didn't find any dedicated forums for bartackers or overlockers (sergers). However, they are occasionally discussed on Reddit and Quora forums. There are lots of Google results where people ask questions about these machines. Most who ask about bartackers don't own one. They just want to know how to form a tack with their own straight stitch or zigzag machine. I used to sew on a bartacker. You turn it on,  lift the clamping foot with a floor pedal, position the work inside the open frame, drop the foot, then step on the GO pedal. In under 1 second the 42 stitch tack is finished! Keep it oiled and the feed cam greased and it should last a lifetime.

An overlocker is called a serger in the US and Canada. Almost every alteration shop, or individual doing alterations, has a serger and can explain how to use one. If there is a sewing machine dealer near you, check to see if they give instructions on certain days or nights. Over here, Joann Fabrics stores contain a sewing machine section where one can ask questions of various machines. They actually have advanced classes on certain nights.

The hardest part of learning to use a serger is threading them correctly, then setting the correct thread tensions. Once it is setup, there are a few tricks you can learn about starting and ending the serve. Some use 1 needle and 3 threads for a simple overlock. Most sergers have 4 or 5 cones and two needles. Home sergers are slow, but easy peasy to operate. Industrial sergers are as fast as greased lightening!

There are plenty of YouTube videos explaining the use of these machines.

For non- leather machines, www.victoriansweatshop.com.  They discuss just about any machine, but many of them are vintage models.  It is neat to see "the way it usta-was." :rolleyes2:

Thanks 

In this forum I learned a lot and user helped me a lot, really fun, thank you again