Wheatley

bell skiver

@Wheatley

Don't know the supplier but I checked them out and to me here in Texas it is, including shipping, US$1,015. Not bad but I would not buy it.

I put together a 801 skiver and the head cost delivered to me just over $400. I opted to go with dual motors @ $145/each and I built the stand myself from materials I had already. Total cost was about $750.

Skiverfront.JPEG

where did you buy the skiver and motors?

3 hours ago, Wheatley said:

You should tag the member or quote their post (or a part of it) so they are more likely to get a notification.

You tag them like this:  type the @ symbol followed by their username and pick it from the popup list.

@BliksemDonder  you have a request in the post above.

On 5/16/2024 at 10:53 AM, Wheatley said:

@Wheatley

The head was off Temu $382, motors were from Amazon $145/each. My wife had ordered the head and it shipped from a warehouse in the US and it arrived intact and quick.

I essentially rebuilt the head as it was just assembled, IMHO. I also modified the drive pulley for the feed to accept the M-size belts, widened the V-groove. Message me for more info, pics etc if interested,

I am fortunate to have the equipment, time and ability to machine and fabricate things. This project was minor for myself but could be challenging for some. Farming the work out could be pricy and the outcome less than ideal. The commercial offerings available for turn key units are not out of line price wise. I spent about 20 hours building this BTW.

Edited by BliksemDonder