Mulesaw

Repair of leather edge on Louis Vuitton bag

This time at home, a customer asked if I could have a look at her Louis Vuitton bag where the upper folded leather edge had almost completely deteriorated.

I had some light beige pig skin that looked like it was the same that was used originally, and I googled to see if LV used pigskin, and the page I found confirmed this. 
A trip to the local sewing shop to find a matching colour of yellow and then it was just a matter of carefully removing the old one and sewing on a new edge.

The customer had at one point renewed the closure strap with some fairly thin leather strap. She asked if I could see if I could find something a bit beefier. 
After some Googling I found a picture of the same model of bag, and it looked as it was originally made with a sewn closure strap matching the upper edge.

End result: A happy customer and a bag that can be used for a couple of years more.

IMG_4778.jpg.0257af44ace89be8e03ae77b82f38dd4.jpg

IMG_4779.jpg.ff131c8753e618464ba1f4609844ef0b.jpg

IMG_4780.jpg.0ea8ecddc709c66c9142d6933cc64821.jpg

Edited by Mulesaw

Nice! Very brave of you indeed!

Nice work. Great repair work. Looks nice.

6 hours ago, NatesLeatherGds said:

Nice! Very brave of you indeed!

Thanks, I have no idea if it is an original LV bag. In Denmark most people automatically assume that if you have a bag like this, it is a fake that is bought in Thailand. But it was really well made, so it might have been real.

Brgds Jonas

5 hours ago, DieselTech said:

Nice work. Great repair work. Looks nice.

Thanks

I like it when I am able to make a nice repair job. The customer heard about me from a friend of hers, whose bag I have repaired about 2 years ago. Also some LV bag as far as I remember.

Brgds Jonas