KSpainhour

Where to find Pfaff 145 H3 parts

Hello Everyone.

First post, and of course I am looking for some help with something. 

I am upgrading (I think :-) from a chineses shoe patcher.

I have recently purchased a pfaff 145 H3 6/1 C LMNP that needs repair. The macine has some damage. The first thing I want to fix is the presser foot bar is broken. The top one inch or so is broken off. I have the broken piece. I would like to replace it, but can't find one listed for sale on the internet. From looking at the parts manuals I think it is part 91-019 651-92. It has the flat spring type presser bar.

Does anybod know where one would be available? New or good used one is ok with me.

Second option would be to TIG weld the borken piece back or make something for the top.  

Maybe a third option would be to switch to the spring type bar and bushing and top? I don't know. If anyone has experience with this please post. 

Thanks for your help,

Keith

Best source for parts like that will be on ebay.  There was someone in Poland I think that was selling parts a year or two ago, not sure if he is still listing.  New parts will probably be non-existant sorry to say and it seems only the consumable type parts are available from China.  Keep looking on Marketplace and ebay for a another machine you could use for parts, they do come up time to time.  Remember that the 145 and 545 are almost the same except for a few things, H3 and H4's are also very similar so you could expand your search for those as well.  I had a 145 and sold it, replaced it with a 545 and am very happy with it.  Good luck with your hunt, be patient and something will come up eventually.

Also a guy in Lithuania was selling parts on Ebay.  may be the same guy.  can we get a pic of the part

glenn

Here is a before and after picture. 

I couldn't help myself this evening. I took the broken one out. Then cut a piece of 4mm round bar and put it in the center of the presser bar. Its hollow. Then silver soldered it back together. 

It works, but I would still like to replace it with a new one. I may also need the top bushing and bearings/retainer. 

I will keep a eye on ebay. So far I haven't found one. 

20240519_140052edit.jpg

20240520_175242edit.jpg

In Brazil there is a company who make parts for old pfaff and other machines ,try them hopefully they have it.

marketing@makermaq.com.br there email,

You can also check there website 

Makermag.com