GatoGordo

Anyone Heard from Zack White Leather Co?

Back in March I placed an order with Zach White. When it arrived several items were missing, mostly dyes. When I contacted them, they said that the dyes were out of stock, but I could reorder when they were back in stock and they would wave the shipping/handling fee.

Since then, I have checked in with them periodically to see if the dyes were back in stock. First, they said it would be within two weeks which would still be in March. Then they said that the dyes would be in after Easter. Their last email said they would be in by 1st of May.

That last email was a month ago and since then I have not heard anything from them. They stopped responding to my emails.

Their web site is still active so I assume they are still in business. 

Since they charge such a hefty shipping fee I do not want to just drop it and order elsewhere, but I would really like to get those dyes.

Has anyone had any dealings with them lately to know that they are still active?

Have you called them? That would be the fastest method, possibly. I just called them and they answered.
I've bought a lot of stuff from them over the years but have switched to different vendors for a number of reasons. High S&H costs was one of them.
BUT... Please do remember that postal rates are higher than ever and things like liquids and hardware are heavy. I just sent out 2 Latigo dog leashes with brass snaps. 13oz. My Pirate Ship cost was over $6. It used to be around $3-$4 for the same general area.

They have been a good source for me but I’ve found their customer service to have issues.  

I got a box of edge kote with lids unscrewed on half the bottles so they arrived as a mess.

I sent photos and they were absolutely unhelpful and unapologetic.

3 hours ago, TomG said:

Have you called them? That would be the fastest method, possibly. I just called them and they answered.
I've bought a lot of stuff from them over the years but have switched to different vendors for a number of reasons. High S&H costs was one of them.
BUT... Please do remember that postal rates are higher than ever and things like liquids and hardware are heavy. I just sent out 2 Latigo dog leashes with brass snaps. 13oz. My Pirate Ship cost was over $6. It used to be around $3-$4 for the same general area.

I do not know what postal servers charge and certainly not for a business. I can only compare Zack White's shipping fees to other vendors for comparable items and I consider them high. This is why I wait until I have several items before ordering so I can spread the shipping fee over multiple items. I was upset when they shipped a partial order without contacting me first about the out of stock items.

By the way, the items that I am waiting for are still listed on their website as available.