DanishMan

Singer 211 feed problems

Dear Friends

Two weeks ago, I bought a Singer 211G566.

It was in okay condition, but I decided to take it apart to get knowledge about the machine.

Now I have put it all back together, and I have started with the adjustments.

One thing, I can not get to work is the feed dog timing. I can time it reasonable, but when trying to change stitch length it messes up everything - and does not change stitch length at all.

Is there any basic adjustment of the "adjusting disc" when installing the feed eccentric?

Kind regards

Danish Man

singer 211 feed copy.jpg

when I have learned something in "my sewing machine years" then it is never take it apart fully when it is not absolutely necessary even when you think you know a lot about sewing machines. Obsolete parts can break in worst case. Even on "simple" machines like patchers things can go wrong when you strip it fully and you are f...ed when you but back the cams the wrong way.... You name it. Just don't do it for just for learning or cleaning. I know this does not help - just my statement.

Hard to tell what you did wrong w/o having followed the process. Maybe a short video would help.

Hi Constabulary

Normally I do not take sewing machines fully apart, but I have been looking for a Singer 211, that I could disassemble fully, as I have limited knowledge of these machines. If it turned out, that I brake it, I will salvage the parts for later projects (I have a Singer 211u566 in the pipeline).

It has been going pretty well, and just now, I realised that the dodgy feed is related to the reverse lever. I will sort that out on Wednesday.

Cheers

Danish Man

I have a 211A I took apart and got  back together.  I might be able to help.   I'll wait till you get the reverse lever thing straightened out. 

It took a bunch of adjusting to get the timing right. Mostly because the manuals are garbage. 

Thank you Quade