LarryG337

Recommendation for sewing machine

I'm just getting started and do not plan on this being a business, only a hobby. I am very confused as to what type of sewing machine I need. I'm looking at the Tandy Outlaw. I would like to do belts, guitar straps, wallets, knife sheaths, and possibly holster. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I would like to stay in the price range of the Outlaw if possible. I purchased one of the Chinese machines for about $125 but have given up on it. If anyone wants a fishing weight, they can have it. Thanks in advance. 

2 minutes ago, LarryG337 said:

I'm just getting started and do not plan on this being a business, only a hobby. I am very confused as to what type of sewing machine I need. I'm looking at the Tandy Outlaw. I would like to do belts, guitar straps, wallets, knife sheaths, and possibly holster. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I would like to stay in the price range of the Outlaw if possible. I purchased one of the Chinese machines for about $125 but have given up on it. If anyone wants a fishing weight, they can have it. Thanks in advance. 

Moved your post to Leather Sewing Machines.  This is where the sewing machine guys hang out and where you are much more likely to get some response sooner.

Have you looked at this pinned topic? 

Thanks, I appreciate your help. 

If you are only going to do a few things as a hobby, my recommendation would be to just learn about hand stitching. It's really not that difficult, and there is a bit of a Zen aspect that comes once you get in to it.

/dwight 

On 6/3/2024 at 5:56 PM, LarryG337 said:

I'm looking at the Tandy Outlaw.

The Tandy Outlaw is a re-badged Cowboy Outlaw done for Tandy. Within the one arm bandits you also have the Tippmann Boss which maybe a consideration for you. For holsters you need a class 4 by rights similar to the manual Cowboy Outlaw or motorized Cowboy 3500/4500 machines but the other items you could more then likely get away with a Class 341simialr to the Cowboy CB341 machine.

Then there is the used market for both the manual and the motorized machines. Maybe there is something in the used section of the forum.

kgg

I ise a Tippmann Boss. It is fueled by elbow grease but it will get the job done.