casull45450

NEW/OLD MEMBER

HELLO!!

I have just recently rejoined this group!!  I was a member way back when it was first created but have had many setbacks... I had attended the 2006 IFoLG show in Butler Pa and met many nice people there some of whom have passed away!!

I am hoping to get back to pounding leather along with making other items working with Leather!!  If any members are in the Philadelphia & Delaware County areas that would like to share info Please contact me!! I am in Upper Darby!!

Take Care

Bill

Welcome back Bill! Glad to see you are still active in leather

Welcome back casull, I’ve been here a couple years now and learned a lot. I’m originally from your neck of the wood, Ridley Park but have been living in Florida since 1979. 

HELLO BLADEGRINDER!!

1979!! I Moved in with my Future wife in 1979 and have been in the same house ever since even thought My Wife passed away 20 years ago this past April!!

I have been in and out of working with leather since I started in the early 70's and I wonder how good of a Leather Crafter I would have made if I had kept up with it!!  

In 2006 two years after my Wife passed away I was fortunate enough to come out of my Twilight Zone to attend the IFoLG"s 2006 Leather Show that was cosponsored by the iilg and held in Butler Pa it was an AMAZING SHOW!! 

It was an Amazing experience and I met so Many Amazing Leather Artist!!  Saddly so many of them have since passed away!!

Where in Fl are you??

Take Care!!

Bill

Glad to hear you got back into it Casull! I’m North of the Tallahassee area in the deep woods. 

Had some friends in Upper Darby, that was a tough town. It still is from what I’ve heard from my brother who still lives up there.

Hello Bladegrinder,

Yes it has become a Very bad place to live!!  It was a nice place when I mover here but now it has been overrun by crime & drugs!!

In the last 4-5 years there has been 5 shootings on my street 3 right in front of my house!!  

Where does your brother live??

Take Care!!

Bill

Ridley. My area was pretty bad when I left in 1979, the last time I was up there was about eight years ago. I really didn’t like what I saw, a lot of the people I grew up with were either dead, in prison, or  physically falling apart just partying on. Not all of them, some went on to be good family people but it reassured me I made the right choice when I was 17 and hitch hiked to Florida for a fresh start away from the elements that surrounded me up there. I retired three years ago from a natural gas utility as a pipeline inspector. I read the news up there occasionally and just shake my head, I’m living on 30 acres out in the woods now and loving it - except the heat and hurricanes!

I met my wife down here and ironically she’s from Philly too. We went up there to meet her relatives before we got married, she told her uncle she wanted to go by her old house and look at it, he said, don’t go there, that whole neighborhood is dangerous now it’s not even safe to drive thru, uh…ok… And that was 38 years ago!

Welcome back!