Mhicks

Streak of luck on new (used) machines.

I bought an Adler 267 6 years ago and have been keeping an eye out for Adler machines since. I have missed out on a few good buys but in the last 3 months I've bought 2 more Adler's and 4 others that were at good enough prices I couldn't pass them up being local to me.

Adler 268 -  unsure of the subclass as the label is missing.  The Efka controller or motor was bad so added a servo motor to it and it works great.  Still figuring out how I'm going to setup stand alone controls for the pneumatic lifter.

Adler 205-370 - Had been sitting in a closed down harness shop for I think close to 10 years.  I ran it by hand and with the motor and it appears to be in working order but there is quite a few parts that have rusted so I'm going to do a extensive cleaning before using it.

(2) American Straight Stitchers - Were in the shop shop as the Adler 205. One powered up and cycled but the thread system along with the rest of the machine needs a through cleaning. 2nd one turns by hand but is missing a few parts and the clutch/drive system is seized up.

Singer 144-103? - This one is missing a label and is locked up. Came from the harness shop as well but it probably my lowest priority.

Singer 147-90 - Really had no idea about this one but it was $30 at a donation store, someone had bought it but it had a 3 phase motor so they dropped it off again overnight.

The Adler 205 is the only real priority to get running.  The other will probably take me 3-4 years to get through but i really enjoy working of them about as much as I like making stuff out of leather.  I have a combined 2k in these machines and expect I'll spend at least that much again to get them all in running order.

image0(1).jpeg

image1(1).jpeg

image3.jpeg

Edited by Mhicks
grammer corrections

Nice older machines worthy of putting back into working order.

I've noticed that the sewing machine collecting bug tends to bite people on here!:lol:

Should keep you out of mischief for a while.

Nice! :thumbsup: