mticeruki

Adler 220 has me going crazy.

Working on an Adler 220 that has been worked on by others where I am pretty sure many screws have been adjusted or loosened. I have been working on different brands of sewing machines over a year now, learning basically on my own by reading manuals & watching available videos. With the 220, I am at a loss of where to start exactly because of all the previous attempts by others to repair. Initially it was supposedly sewing backwards, the Efka control was shot, etc. I've figured out most of adjustments needed to fix problems that come up on other machines but usually it's timing, tension, needle clearance, etc. But with the 220 because everything seems to be so out of whack I'm not sure what to start with. Every eccentric screw appears to have been loosened & attempted adjustment. Is there a process or certain steps to follow when you have to start from scratch when adjusting a machine in this shape? I was able to get the feed dog rotation, needle timing & clearance, needle to hole alignment all working fine on zero stitch length but when I change to a longer length that is when everything changes from binding when turning hand wheel to needle hitting feed dog on backstitch (not even close to the hole). There are no timing marks on needle bar or on main eccentric, lower drive shaft does have a timing mark by the clutch.

Thanks and any help or suggestions are appreciated!

MTIceRuki

Do you have the service manual (manual for mechanics)?
what i should do is  follow all the steps as described in the manual (in the right order)

i do have one but its to big to post for me (if you sent me a pm i can try to sent it)

kind regards, michiel

Or maybe the moderator can post it for me…

I have the service manual so I’ll attach it here:  Adler-220-Service-Manual.pdf

Yes, the Adler 220 Service Manual will be important. Just go through all the adjustment in sequence, and you should be in much better shape. 

Edited by Uwe