waynebergman

Tecmic LS3-202

I am looking at cyl walking foot for sale that I am not too sure on but it looks promising. I noticed years ago on this site a member inquired about this same model Tecmic LS3-202 not much was uncovered in that thread. Not sure if this machine is a clone of something else or what parts would be interchangable from other machines if needed. The machine is supposed to be in good condition. Wondering if anyone has any info on this one for me please? The past oldr thread implies it will max out at tex 40 which is way too thin for what I want.  I would hope this machine will sew 5/16" veg tan leather with a tex 135 thread but wondering if anyone has any more info on this unit in particular the thread thickness for succes on 1/4" veg tan? The machine is listed for 600 usa dollars but no table or motor, i would mount it myself on my bench and put a servo set up on it I think. Any insight much appreciated........thanks in advance Wayne.

tecmic LS3-202.jpeg

link to old thread here 

Edited by waynebergman
add link

17 hours ago, waynebergman said:

The past oldr thread implies it will max out at tex 40 which is way too thin for what I want.

The machine is listed for 600 usa dollars but no table or motor, i would mount it myself on my bench and put a servo set up on it I think. Any insight much appreciated

Go with the info in the original post or contact Tecmic ( https://www.tecmic.co.jp/en/ ) directly about the age and spec for this particular model. Personally when you consider the cost I wouldn't bother, machine $600 USD which is about $825 CAD plus a servo motor at about $200 CAD plus another $200 for a table / operating pedals / miscellanenous parts/ etc you would be over $1200 CAD.

Why not contact companies that do repairs to industrial sewing machines like Manson in Vancover ( https://www.masonsewingmachine.com/ ).

I would hope this machine will sew 5/16" veg tan leather with a tex 135 thread

Most upholstery class machines machines can do 3/8" of material. Since you are looking at a cylinder arm style Tecmic you really I think should be looking at machines like Juki LS-341 / LS-1341 and clones.

What is you budget as there maybe other options that would suite you needs like a one armed bandit.

kgg

It is an interesting-looking machine, a bit unusual, but the only way I would buy that is if it was dirt cheap as I consider it very much an unknown quantity. I've never seen anything quite like it.

I'm with kgg, put the money towards something a bit more "mainstream".

@waynebergman

When buying your first leather machine, buy a complete working machine that has everything intact. If you have trouble finding information about a particular make and model, move along until something well known comes up.

yes great advise folks and thanks, I was kind of thinking this myself. I am leaning now towards a consew 226 complete with servo , table and working and looks in very very nice condition. Price is 800 candian but someone else has first right of refusal on it. If its still available for me next week I plan to buy it. I was able to dig around on this forum for past posts on this machine to realize the thread size and leather thickness is going to be just fine for my needs. Its not a cyl arm but will work and my budget is 1000 cnd max so I think this consew may do the trick.  Thanks again everyone for all the tips and help over the last few months..........wayne