Stetson912

Doggo portrait

I was asked to make a portrait of my dad's dog for my step mom. I'm no great figure carver but this was a first for me. I haven't don't many dogs, and this is the first from a photo. I had to make my own pattern and did heavy research into texturing. Painting is also not my steong suite but I think little Fozzie came out alright.  Cheers

20240731_065835_copy_901x638.jpg

Well done with the texturing! That's so difficult.  Good choice of shiny black for the eyes.  The mouth came out a little odd and the eyes don't seem in quite the right place  -- I'd bet because you were preoccupied with the challenge of the fur textures -- but for the first version this is great!!!!  If you do it again a time or two I bet you will nail it!!

11 minutes ago, Aventurine said:

Well done with the texturing! That's so difficult.  Good choice of shiny black for the eyes.  The mouth came out a little odd and the eyes don't seem in quite the right place  -- I'd bet because you were preoccupied with the challenge of the fur textures -- but for the first version this is great!!!!  If you do it again a time or two I bet you will nail it!!

I agree with the eyes, the photo had them blocked by his long muzzle fuzz and I wasn't able to portray that very well. I nee more practice haha 

10 minutes ago, TonyV said:

Nice!   

Thanks, it was a fun challenge

You've caught the eyes really well! That sweet innocence that all dogs have.

1 hour ago, SUP said:

You've caught the eyes really well! That sweet innocence that all dogs have.

Thanks. Dogs are the best haha