There's a Consew 753 in my area that's for sale. I'm not too familiar with this model and I don't often see the older cylinder machines with a rolling foot. It's also been updated with a servo motor and needle positioning sensor. He's asking $1900. 

I have a Consew 227 that I mainly use to make baseball gloves. It's great for most of the construction but sewing the leather edge binding around really tight rounded corners gets tricky. Sometimes the walking foot scuffs the leather edge binding. I've modified a lefty foot so it doesn't do it as much but I feel like this machine would be a bonus in the workshop. Every glove is made with TEX 135 bonded nylon thread. 

Any feedback, thoughts, or opinions about this machine would be great. Thank you!

KC Mack
Owner, Mack Provisions 
www.mackprovisions.com 
@mackprovisions

consew753_1.jpg

consew753_3.jpg

consew753_2.jpg

ARF_5577-2.jpg

7 hours ago, MackProvisions said:

There's a Consew 753 in my area that's for sale.

If I'm not mistaken like @Constabulary has stated it is a clone of the Singer 45K21. This I think is very similar to what use to be referred to in recent years as a GA5-1. Bottom feed machine, no reverse with the GA5-2 having reverse. A more modern clone I think would be a Cowboy CB2500. If you contact @CowboyBob I am sure he would be better able to tell you about any differences between the two machines. As a note here is a link to the Cowboy CB2500 with speed reducer and servo $1395 and $1695 with reverse ( https://www.tolindsewmach.com/cb2500.html ).

7 hours ago, MackProvisions said:

He's asking $1900. 

I think for such an old machine be it good looking shape the price is way to high when there are new machine buying options at a lesser cost available.

kgg

@kgg I think you're right, he's asking too much but i think that has to do with the newer servo motor and needle positioning sensor. 

2 hours ago, MackProvisions said:

i think that has to do with the newer servo motor and needle positioning sensor. 

A lot of servo motors these days come with a needle position sensor for less then $200. The table that the machine setting on is a nice DIY design. If I was in need of this type/style of machine I wouldn't pay anymore then 40 percent of what I could get a new one for. That would put the price say around $550 but that is just me.

kgg

12 hours ago, MackProvisions said:

@kgg I think you're right, he's asking too much but i think that has to do with the newer servo motor and needle positioning sensor. 

This machine has some pretty aggressive feed dogs & since it doesn't have a walking foot to help feed it will probably leave alot of teeth marks on the bottomside.Take some of your samples over there & try it b4 you buy it & see if you can live with the marks.