Sign in to follow this  
siddiqui2008

Oiling Singer 211A1121K

I just bought in a good condition Singer 211A1121K but there is no pan or oil reservoir at the bottom. How is this machine oiled. I see 3/4 felt strips below the bottom portion of bobbin which are wet in oil but there is no pan or compartment to hold oil. Do I have a missing part / pan. If yes which one and where do I het it from.

6 hours ago, siddiqui2008 said:

I just bought in a good condition Singer 211A1121K

Moved your post to leather sewing machines.

So, here's a thread that should get you on the right trail. There's even a link for a close-enough manual:

I have gone through the above link / topic but it did not help. My question about pan/reservoir for oil below the bobbin area still remains. Can someone please answer that.

The subclass is not very common as it seems. I´d post post some pictures that may help finding answers.

Edited by Constabulary

BTW - this is how my singer 212 (double needle) look from the underside. Maybe it helps.

Pic 2 show the junction point where bras tubes for the oil wicks come together a bit closer. How is it looking at your machine?

IMG_9571.JPG

IMG_9570.JPG

Edited by Constabulary

This is from a parts list for the 211A but for a different sub class. I downloaded it here https://www.universalsewing.com/parts-lists/singer

Looks like there belongs and oil reservoir under the hook saddle but again, its a different subclass. I cannot find a parts list for your sub class but I would guess it is the same or very similar.

I found it online at MARFAR in Downunder and it seems to be a plastic container. Singer prats number 281048.

https://marfar.com.au/products/hook-saddle-oil-reservoir

I´m sure you can get it from other dealers too I would try https://powersew.com/

But again - its from a different sub class so I would check with a dealer.

On your machine the oil drip pan seems to be missing so it also could be that the oil drip pan had a reservoir as on sewing machines with an oil pump.

grafik.pngInsert other media

Edited by Constabulary