artigiano

Fortuna 620 Splitter: tech help please…

I’m currently immersed in my first attempt to replace the band knife on my Fortuna 620 splitter. The kind folks at Campbell-Randall have supplied the new knife, along with some very useful technical guides from Fortuna.

The new blade is on and tensioned, and now comes the fine-tuning phase. The first step is to slowly adjust the screws on the guide cover plate, which requires removing the main drive belt in the back. There is no information in the manuals on tensioning or removing this belt, so I was wondering if it is just a matter of prying it off while turning the pulley. It is a thick 13mm belt, and is not in pristine shape, so I would welcome some input before getting too aggressive.

Also, I had to remove the thin serpentine belt that drives the grinding stones. When I put it back on, it now slides off the pulleys. I’ve tried making as many small adjustments to the pulleys as possible but to no avail. All pulleys and tensioners are in good shape, so not sure what is causing this new issue. I have a new belt on order to make sure the age of the belt is not causing the problem.