Sign in to follow this  
rawhide1

dog collar

Here is a dog collar I just got done with. I'm fixin to leave for vegas tommrow afternoon but when I get back I hope to get going on a matching led. Any feedback on how to improve the looks of the collar would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Mikes3500040.jpgS3500039.JPGs3500038.jpg

post-4953-1196823979_thumb.jpg

post-4953-1196824194_thumb.jpg

post-4953-1196824284_thumb.jpg

That's a very handsome collar. Did you tie the longer knots with one long string or use multiple strings? I really like your little keeper loop, that's a great idea.

I'm imagining the dog desperately trying to chew on the "rawhide chew toy" while wearing it... :biggrin: Actually all kidding aside I am sure that will look great on the dog.

Looks great Mike! By the way, I get a lot of commliments on my bracelet. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the comments!

Horsehairbraider those long knots are built useing 1 long piece of rawhide about 6foot. It's easier for me than multi strings. I've never built a bosal(in my plans when I get better)but I'm sure when I go to build the nose button I'll use the multi string method. The collar will just be used as a go up town collar so hopefully it wont get chewed up.

Thanks Rayban and I'm glad people like the bracelet.

Mike

Nice piece of work there!

Couple of comments from a dog person's POV (I train and show dogs professionally)

First - purpose - a fancy 'something around my neck to show off my persons' skills' collar or a 'form of control' collar? If the first - you've succeeeded admirably. If the second - you may be in for a problem, as I can see it loosening off just when needed most.

Second - Rawhide. Dogs LOOOOOOVE rawhide. They like 'roo lace (don't ask how I know, it still hurts), but rawhide borders on a crack cocaine addiction for dogs. Unless you are going to be able to watch Fideaux like a hawk - your very well crafted item may end up as not much more than a slobbery, slimey chew toy.

:thumbsup:

I really like the keeper idea... Looking forward to seeing the leash. Nice work