Sign in to follow this  
Timbo

tool holder just to hold the tools

So this weekend I decided I needed to make a tool holder just to hold the tools I would be using for what I am working on at that moment. I'm also a notorious scavenger. Several years back on a camping trip, we bought some firewood for our campfire. Well some of it was seasoned red cedar. Now it does make a great campfire, but....it's too pretty to burn and smells great. So I hid a few pieces of it so it didn't all get burned up. So I had this chunk of red cedar and I'm looking at it and the bulb goes off. :Lighten:

So I head over to my Dads house (where all the woodworking tools are) and after a little while with the bandsaw, the jointer, the sander and the drill press....... I'm done. Thanks to this forum for the idea too!!!!!

Here's what I wound up with.

Let me know what you think.......plus I made an extra one. ;)

Tim

Picture_001.jpg

Picture_002.jpg

Picture_003.jpg

post-5218-1198034024_thumb.jpg

post-5218-1198034051_thumb.jpg

post-5218-1198034075_thumb.jpg

i like it!

simple and raw.. a light sand and some varnish would really bring out the color in the wood

Varnish would bring out the color, but it would also hide the smell that I like so much. Might just try a little tung oil on it.

tim

Timbo- that looks really nice! Reminds me of the pacific ocean driftwood tht I grew up with in No. California.

Put a piece of cotton or foam rubber in the hole for the swivel knife so as to protect the blade.

pete

Funny, I live in a grove of junipers and I didn't think of that. Good looking idea. Had a couple wind storns past couple months that blew a few down. Maybe I'll start a new sideline,harhar :cowgirl: