Sign in to follow this  
cem

Damn Firebugs

Got to 42 degrees today our hottest day so far this year at 7am it was already 35 degrees and we had some low life scumbag arsonist light a fire in the national park in the city (Kings Park). Hit this afternoon and some other creep lights a fire in Two Rocks about 100kms from the city so now we have the whole metro area covered in a blanket of smoke. I think it's about time these low lifes were charged with attempted murder, my thoughts go out to the firefighters who have battled in the heat and smoke all day. Thankfully no one has been injured and lets hope it stays that way that is until we catch the damn arsonists.

I agree, they need to be charged with attempted murder!

and if anyone dies, charge them with 1st degree murder.

Firemen/women are heros in my book!

I'm assuming there is evidence of arson? I'm sure you know as well as anyone that when things are really hot and dry, fires can start spontaneously. It's part of the natural cycle of forests.

I agree, though, that if it was arson, and they catch the idiots, they should be put into labor camps for the next 50 years.

Yes the Kings Park one was definately arson although the park is quite big it's surrounded by upmarket apartment blocks and quite a few residents saw someone acting suspicious just before it started so the police have leads there, thankfully it has cooled down the last couple of days so the firefighters have got a bit of relief.

Child molesters, wife beaters, people who are cruel to animals, and arsonists... I wish we could round them ALL up and...

Since this is a family oriented site I will refrain from saying what I'd do to those kinds of people. Instead, I'll send some prayers out for the safety of the firefighters and anyone living near those fires.

Child molesters, wife beaters, people who are cruel to animals, and arsonists... I wish we could round them ALL up and...

Since this is a family oriented site I will refrain from saying what I'd do to those kinds of people. Instead, I'll send some prayers out for the safety of the firefighters and anyone living near those fires.

I am with you my friend. Darryl

[quote name='GregGaub' date='Jan 17 2009, 12:00 PM' post='82876' I'm sure you know as well as anyone that when things are really hot and dry, fires can start spontaneously. It's part of the natural cycle of forests.

A dry forest does not spontaneously combust. It takes a heat source to start the fire. The dry underbrush certainly adds fuel to the fire but it will not catch itself on fire. Ignition may come from a natural source like lightning but very few things will actually "spontaneously" combust. It's almost ALWAYS human influence that sparked the fire, either intentionally or by neglect.

I'm assuming there is evidence of arson? I'm sure you know as well as anyone that when things are really hot and dry, fires can start spontaneously. It's part of the natural cycle of forests.

I agree, though, that if it was arson, and they catch the idiots, they should be put into labor camps for the next 50 years.

Why not clamp selected parts of their bodies in a stitching horse . A leather related punishment ! :Lighten:

Heard on the news this morning driving in that two of the guys that started a fire a year ago have been charged. They are both going to be charged with First Degree Murder because 5 firefighters died.

Stoning is too good for these guys.