Sign in to follow this  
alvin

bible cover

I have been lurking around looking at everybodies work and it all looks great. I have been working with leather off and on for about two years. I'm finally got past the kits and made my first seat last month which turn out great. At the moment my project is a bible cover for my son's first Communion in which I need some idea for a nice border for it. If you have have any suggestion for on please post me a picture and what tools you used to make it.

I have been lurking around looking at everybodies work and it all looks great. I have been working with leather off and on for about two years. I'm finally got past the kits and made my first seat last month which turn out great. At the moment my project is a bible cover for my son's first Communion in which I need some idea for a nice border for it. If you have have any suggestion for on please post me a picture and what tools you used to make it.

Hi Alvin

Do you want a carved border or a stamped border?

It might also help if everyone knows the approximate dimensions of the cover as that will help determine the pattern to get maximum effect.

Kind Regards

Blake

I'm open to both stamping or carving but have a limited amount of stamps. I'm willing to go out and buy the stamps if I was given the stamp number in which the design was made. The bible is a small 4x3 bible.

If you have a central image/figure on front, then I would use a very plain border like 2 parallel lines and run stitching wheel down the center of them. If there is no main image, I'd put olive leaves, end to end around the edge leading to very small crown of thorns centered in the border on top front. In that case, I'd even put a tiney cross in center of crown.

That's the best I can offer up.

Regis

Edited by Regis