tnestes

completed saddle on Rick Reed tree

Here's a couple of my latest saddles. You can check out some more photos from my website: www.estessaddlery.com

Anyone can feel free to let me know what you think. The black wade was made with Wickett and Craig leather. The swellfork with Hermann Oak. Both are on Rick Reed trees- there are no better trees out there- none. There are some as good, though.

Ted

l

DSC01472.JPG

Saddle1501.jpg

post-5214-1203643939_thumb.jpg

post-5214-1203643991_thumb.jpg

Beautiful work Ted. I'll have to come up and see one in person some time. I'm down in Holly Springs. I first saw your work when your father told my father in law about your work and I checked out your site. Really great work.

ArtS

Really nice work.

Buff

love the brown saddle its just a shame that black kills the carving but still boath are top workmanship, Don

love the brown saddle its just a shame that black kills the carving but still boath are top workmanship, Don

THANK YOU very much for the compliment. I guess my biggest influence has been Steve Mecum out in Crowheart, Wyoming. The time I spent with him was worth its weight in gold. We spent one whole day just reviewing the finer points of carving. Of course, it still takes practice, practice, and then some more practice!!! I think the importance of quality carving tools cannot be over-emphasized.

Ted