Sign in to follow this  
Hilly

3m spray adhesive

Has anyone ever tried to glue in a liner using 3m spray adhesive? What were your results?

I was thinking of trying it for the lining for a holster. I don't think it would soak through, so whaddya think? Bad idea?

It works well, but is kind of pricey compared to buying gallons of AP cement for production work. I used to use it quite a bit on a lot of folded things. Ventilate, respirate, all that stuff.

I have used it and we use it at work for mockup graphic lamination. They use it in the auto upholstry business also to do headliners and stuff. Works good but Bruce is right. It can be pricey. Plus you consider the masks and spray booth kinda stuff to do and maybe AP cement is better. We have a large section in the warehouse that will never be cleaned again simply because of the overspray. But it does work good.

I hope this helps.

They make an upholstry glue about the same cost as AP cement and I used it when I worked at a saddle shop in Texas with a paint sprayer for woolskin lined items and many other items. It worked really well and made it easier to apply a light coat.

there are many varieties of 3m spray adhesive. Some stick like poo to an Army blanket instantly. we use a fair amount of 3m adhesives trimming aircraft panels and without going through the adhesive storage locker, I think from memory 75 allows you to reposition before it goes off/cures

Barra <---------------- Ya don't think a teeny tiny company like 3M has a website

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_U...SbeSC2785KN7Pgl

Edited by barra

Aircraft!? I thought all Australians rode Kangaroos.

I use the 3m stuff, a few different types, also look to your local auto parts shop/jobber for the "gorilla snot" spray glue for interiors...it has a longer set/work time and works AWESOME when used wet (it'll act like normal cement if you let it set a while).

Good stuff, but the brush on by the gallon is the cheapest.

Andy

I use 3M90 for all of my liners. Havnt had a problem yet.

KK

WHAT IS AP CEMENT ?

I used 3m to put padding on the back of some leather panels that I tooled to decorate a bar once. It worked quite well.

AP (All Purpose) cement. Which is what Barge and Masters cement is. If there is a debate, I chose masters every time.

Aircraft!? I thought all Australians rode Kangaroos.

Only on weekends mate. During the week we fly in Aircraft. However being an inventive lot (We Aussies invented the black box before some one else coloured it orange) we have discovered a way to fly in aircraft and ride kangaroos at the same time.

qantas.jpg

post-1669-1204182419_thumb.jpg

Only on weekends mate. During the week we fly in Aircraft. However being an inventive lot (We Aussies invented the black box before some one else coloured it orange) we have discovered a way to fly in aircraft and ride kangaroos at the same time.

HAHAHA that is hilarious!

HA! Good sense of humor. Like the comeback.

TM. I couldn't resist. Can everyone tell that I have entered the ground hog day phase of this deployment.

Barra