Sign in to follow this  
leatheroo

australian salt water croc on ebay

i am not sure if this is a bargain or not, but this is for sale on aussie ebay....very large croc skin, 50 years old. this is the type of skin that hermes use to make those $10,000 bags! it is sitting at $150 with no bids and free postage to anywhere in the world!

croc.JPG

post-4514-1234333308_thumb.jpg

I put a bid on it but within minutes it was out of my price range. Looks like a nice piece though.

I was thinking of bidding on this, but what are the laws as far as shipping this through custome with no cites tag on it??

Huh!

If it's real, that's a sweet deal. I don't know what your experience with large 'tile skins has been, but in my opinion, if it's *that* old, you should be prepared to condition it with something like Lexol, and rolling it up in a plastic bag for a few days. Old, dry skin can crack or otherwise do damage to the scales. Also, if this skin was intended for decoration it *might* have a thin finish on the surface that you might want to break by rubbing it down with some deglazing before conditioning or use.

Nifty!

swivelsphinx