idoru

chaps vs chinks

And now i got an order for 3 pairs of chaps... And I feel that its a compleate different story. How come its nothing out there to bye exept for tandys chap patterns. They feel kind of out of style. Any ideas anyone? I live in sweden so there is no way to just go in a store to look at them...

Bob Klenda offers chap patterns on his website

Try Google "chaps" or "chaps and chinks".

They are all made basically the same, so Tandy patterns will help you there.....just the embellishments can be endless if that's what you're looking for.

you really need to learn how to draw your own patterns. Get a old pair of chaps to get an outline then adjust for the measurment of your customer.

Ash

thank you all for taking the time to answer! Ive been googeling like a maniac så ill take the advise to cave in to tandy pattern and try to adjust it the way i want.. Ill keep you posted if i manage to put them together!

There are lots of ways to make them. Generally I have made so many that I just make them. As for sizing, which is the most important, I get the customer to give me a pair of pants that fit the way they want their chaps to fit. I add 1" to cover fitting over a pair of pants and that gives you a good start for size. Cut them up into patterns and off you go!

Happy Trails

Bondo Bob

I sell Patterns and a how to DVD on making chinks. if you sill need them.

Mark