Des804

ecoflow all in one

Yes I have green ecoflow all in one and I am putting it on a collar. I was planning on using a sharpie and coloring the rose stamps I impressed into the leather.. I tried this on scrap but the ecoflow didnt seem to want to absorb into the scrap. I used a piece of cloth and I did the circular method of applying. Does anyone know why some of this didnt seem to absorb into the leather.

looks like just parts of it.

The first thing that comes to mind is, it may have gotten something oily or waxy on it while you were stamping or cutting on it. To prevent this, make sure your hands are clean and free of anything oily or waxy while you're working on the leather. If you do get something on it, you can clean off just about anything with deglazer, which is available at leather suppliers.

If the areas in question don't line up with the colored areas, it probably isn't the colors you used, but some colors do have the property of resisting antique.

Kate

I just pulled the scrap out of the scrap pile... I'm going to try and use it on the final piece since it did get a good look over the piece I sharpied

I just pulled the scrap out of the scrap pile... I'm going to try and use it on the final piece since it did get a good look over the piece I sharpied

There are a lot of better dyes out there than Eco Flo

Dave

Those dyes you refer to have a toxic smell, are flammable, go on too dark and streaky, and tend to produce rub-off on clothing. I'm not holding up Eco-Flo as the best dye out there, I'm simply stating there are pros and cons to each of the products in the marketplace.

Dave

Actually all-in-ones are between dyes & antiques, including the original tandy dark brown & mahogany all-in-ones (which have been discontinued); they don't penetrate as deeply as dyes, nor do they sit as high on the surface as do antiques, but they certainly do have their place in the scheme of things. I do find them versatile, but I wouldn't use them on a motorcycle seat- for that you'd definitely use dyes (and I'd use spirit, NOT water-based, for that).

russ