TomSwede

Necklace, work in progress

Great looking necklace, Tom!

I'll PM you with my mailing address so you'll know where to send it! :)

Hilly

Great looking necklace, Tom!

I'll PM you with my mailing address so you'll know where to send it! :)

Hilly

Aww Hilly ...glad you like it!!!

THX!!

Tom

Ah gotcha Luke but maybe time to give a go at the rodtubes again beacuse 47 left to go ha ha you know;-)

Tack Knut!!

Näe inte på riktigt men jag adopterade henne genom LW eller om hon adopterade mig..minns inte riktigt. Tina, minns du??

Oh wow Marie!!! Thank you so much!!! Yeah that looks marvelous and that is so very kind of you, many thanks!!!

As you might have read I have some ideas for a silver type thread/string solution and this just what I thought about but way more elegant out come. I will visit this sliversmith a mentioned and I'm gonna take your print with me.

Thank you so very much!!!

Tom

You are welcome-I love jewelry and do some beading and wire, my head is FULL of ideas screaming to get out. At least I think it is the ideas. hmmm.

Can't wait to see what becomes of it.

M

Tom-your necklace is beautiful! I really love how you did the heart. I never occurred to me to make it 3D and the idea is fantastic. In my mind, i was toying with pendants and such in leather, but they seemed paltry looking. You're an inspiration!

Tinyl

You are welcome-I love jewelry and do some beading and wire, my head is FULL of ideas screaming to get out. At least I think it is the ideas. hmmm.

Can't wait to see what becomes of it.

M

Leatherworking should be in your blood so can't wait to see what you could come up with if you get really into it. The ideas you draw up are great and I'm leaning towards the solution to the left personally but gunna check with that silversmith and see what she thinks. I'm kinda hoping for a joint project with her so maybe let her use her own ideas if she likes what she sees.

Tom-your necklace is beautiful! I really love how you did the heart. I never occurred to me to make it 3D and the idea is fantastic. In my mind, i was toying with pendants and such in leather, but they seemed paltry looking. You're an inspiration!

Tinyl

Than you very much TinyL!!!

I'm really glad to hear this :notworthy:

Remember to put the leather pieces under good pressure until glue has dried up thoroughly so you can sand it with out getting separating layers if you try.

Tom

Tom

Wow bro this is freak'n sick. I love it. Such a great style for a necklace and the heart is totally cool. I remember doing that layering thing on my skull on the tank on my bike but it's not as cool as this. Yours really pops out.

Wow bro this is freak'n sick. I love it. Such a great style for a necklace and the heart is totally cool. I remember doing that layering thing on my skull on the tank on my bike but it's not as cool as this. Yours really pops out.

Thank you Bro!!!

IT was quite fun and good therapy to work with layers and sanding!!!

That skull on bike is really cool if memory serves me right!

Tom

Thanks art!! Still trying to figure out how to fit the heart more securely than just glue it in. The fit is very snug in the cout out of the main leather.

Forgot to mention this in original post, lol but it is a development project the trial and error way. I could just mak two holes through it all and and run a thread right through. Maybe a small stone or small silver heart with a fit fitting could sit on top hiding the thread if so.

Sometimes it's fun to just start of a job and solve problems as we go so to speak. Normally I think my stuff through very well before starting.

Jepp, finns bara en;-)

Bra jobbat Syrran :spoton:

Formen är tagen från en korp som sträcker upp vingarna.

Tom

Ha ha thanks alot Bud!!!

Starting to get warmer here now, my heart is defrosting ha ha

Tom

Hey Tom,

That really looks great. I thought that I was looking at a new design from Rene Berends. Maybe some 2mm round lace with a creative loop and knot ball might be a good fastener system-just thinking out loud.

Indy

Kjempeflott jobb Tom!

Du er en god inspirasjon for meg og jeg prøver å kopiere endel av arbeidet ditt men det blir ikke på langt nær så bra som ditt arbeide :spoton: men det er jo gøy å prøve!

Keep up the good work!!

Hey Tom,

That really looks great. I thought that I was looking at a new design from Rene Berends. Maybe some 2mm round lace with a creative loop and knot ball might be a good fastener system-just thinking out loud.

Indy

Thank you John!!!

That is a good idea but for know I have had my head to full of other issues than tangling it up with braiding so I stick to whatever doesn't confuse me to much;-)

Good to see you on the board again and I should hav written you long time ago, gunna do sumting about that this weekend!!

Kjempeflott jobb Tom!

Du er en god inspirasjon for meg og jeg prøver å kopiere endel av arbeidet ditt men det blir ikke på langt nær så bra som ditt arbeide :spoton: men det er jo gøy å prøve!

Keep up the good work!!

Tack Jonny!!

Kul att höra så fina saker om mina arbeten. Mitt bästa tips är ändå att ta det lugnt och tänka igenom noga innan man startar på fullt allvar. Jag kan ha en ide' i tankarna länge innan jag påbörjar arbetet. Detta är ett undantag just för att jobba med ide' och utveckling samtidigt.

Tom

Very cool design,

If you want something more then glue, maybe try an invisible stitch, try cutting a small slit and run a stich then let the slit cover up the stich and slick and sand, just a thought I wouldnt do it on this one but try it out on a piece of scrap and see if it will work.

Great job

Lui

Very cool design,

If you want something more then glue, maybe try an invisible stitch, try cutting a small slit and run a stich then let the slit cover up the stich and slick and sand, just a thought I wouldnt do it on this one but try it out on a piece of scrap and see if it will work.

Great job

Lui

Thanks Lui!!

Great idea, I haven't thought about hiding the seem in a small slit with this method allthough I have considered the thought of running a stitch right though it.

I have allready given the heart a it's final layer of acrylic sealer and I'm not sure it will be able to take slicking even if I deglaze it.

Tom

Thanks Lui!!

Great idea, I haven't thought about hiding the seem in a small slit with this method allthough I have considered the thought of running a stitch right though it.

I have allready given the heart a it's final layer of acrylic sealer and I'm not sure it will be able to take slicking even if I deglaze it.

Tom

Invisible stitching, What a cool idea. Well now I have to try that. Thanks for the idea.

Tom