I don't post pictures often, but thought I would show this bag I just finished. Someday I'll get better at taking pictures of these things so that they turn out a bit better. This is a sissy bar bag for my cycle, that I'm using to cary my laptop in.

3361444946_9984b22f3a_o.jpg

3361444584_ef64426b12_o.jpg

Nice job. It's hard to make carving stand out on black, but you done good.

Nicely done, I like it. Anychance we get to see it on the scoot.

Nicely done, I like it. Anychance we get to see it on the scoot.

Thanks. Here a couple of it on the bike.

3362827318_bd0a3592f5.jpg

3362827548_96a016ab03.jpg

Noice!!! :0)

very nice

for the lacing did you use double or triple loop

and the inside wow what king of teather real nice

very nice

for the lacing did you use double or triple loop

and the inside wow what king of teather real nice

Thanks! The braiding is the Mexican basket weave/Round braid. I saw someone else's project on here a couple weeks ago that used this, and now I think this will be my first choice for lacing.

The inside is some scape that I found on Ebay. It is a burgundy colored gator print on pig skin.

nice size bag!

i have to design one up for a customer. it will have a tool bag size pouch on the front or detachable bag. not sure yet.

you may want to try moving the lacing holes closer together on the next one. it will tighten up the pattern

nice size bag!

i have to design one up for a customer. it will have a tool bag size pouch on the front or detachable bag. not sure yet.

you may want to try moving the lacing holes closer together on the next one. it will tighten up the pattern

Thanks for the suggestion. My one regret with this bag was that I didn't use a wider lace, basically for the very reason you said. I think it would have made the braid much cleaner looking. Oh well live and learn. Maybe I'll get motivated one day to re-braid it with wider lace.

Thanks for the suggestion. My one regret with this bag was that I didn't use a wider lace, basically for the very reason you said. I think it would have made the braid much cleaner looking. Oh well live and learn. Maybe I'll get motivated one day to re-braid it with wider lace.

"If" the bag you saw a couple weeks ago was the one I did? I used a stitch marker to mark where to punch my holes and set it at 5 holes per inch - used Tandy 1/8" lace to d the basket weave - makes for a nice tight weave but is very time consuming - for this newbie anyway ;0)

"If" the bag you saw a couple weeks ago was the one I did? I used a stitch marker to mark where to punch my holes and set it at 5 holes per inch - used Tandy 1/8" lace to d the basket weave - makes for a nice tight weave but is very time consuming - for this newbie anyway ;0)

I think it was your bag that I saw. I'm not sure what you mean by a stitch marker. Can you post a link to where you bought this? I have an overstitcher that I use as a guide for sewing, but the marks are much too close for the size holes I would need to lacing. I used a quick template that I made on the computer, just to make sure the holes were spaced the same all around.

I think it was your bag that I saw. I'm not sure what you mean by a stitch marker. Can you post a link to where you bought this? I have an overstitcher that I use as a guide for sewing, but the marks are much too close for the size holes I would need to lacing. I used a quick template that I made on the computer, just to make sure the holes were spaced the same all around.

Used this overstitcher with the 5 per inch wheel on it (little tighter than every 1/4")

http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/home/de...ature=Product_2

Then punched the holes on the front panel with 1/8" punch - then marked corresponding holes on the side panel and punched - then laced with 1/8" using the round braid

Doing it this way makes all of the lacing really nice and tight but boy oh boy it's tedious and time consuming. I don't think I'll use this method much except when I'm doing really fussy work. Having to go through the holes twice when only using a 1/8 hole makes for a lot of work the second time through.