jbird

business card

like it or not ?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. like it or not

• double chaps great
    • Makers stamp under foot
    • one gone and full name in middle

So I have been a graphic artist part time out of high school and been doing mostly biz cards and now I have made my own see what you think of it and give me

some feed back please.

thanks alot take care

Josh

Ok reworked and note taken on the spelling I will fix that.

Dusty_Chap_new3_renew.jpg

Dusty_Chap_new_2.jpg

post-6549-1238371783_thumb.jpg

post-6549-1238371795_thumb.jpg

Edited by jbird

I think it looks pretty good

although I might do a couple of things a little different

I think that I might rearange the two pictures and some of the words to look like the raised foot is being supported by something

and maybe get rid of one of them - most likely on the left side

move your makers oval under the right foot

Well that's what I might do.

I tend to make mine up to photocopy - so I don't get too fussy with color pics. (Oh and I use Print Shop) so take all this with a big old grain of salt ---- as words from a dabbler in the craft.

Well... you did ask...

If it were me, I'd take off the list that starts out "Custom" and ends "and Much More". I'd also take out one of the photos... but then, I'm a "less is more" kind of graphic artist, myself. It's a business card so you just want people to get in touch with you. No need to list everything you do, and you can use the negative space nicely.

Now you'll be sorry you asked... ;)

I'd take out one of the pics unless you just want the balance, use your makers mark in place of one of them. If you keep both then I would at least center the text between them (maybe make them double column) and put your makers mark underneath the text but centered on the card. Don't touch the top and bottom, I think those are fine and dandy.

Damon

ohhh -- I wonder what it would look like if he took out the "list of stuff"

centered the "makers mark" and kept both graphics in

but put the feet up on it and centered the whole mess?

this is great stuff thanks I want to hear some more from you all on this and I will rework it.

Thanks keep it coming I love the help I get here from you all it's harder to make your own you lose sight.

Josh

I also would omit one of the pics, but go farther than that and make the other a line drawing...and a little more stylized.

Looking at it, my eye was drawn to the maker's mark and I was wondering "Joshua who?" You might consider putting all your contact info in one location and grouping it together. I realize it's a draft copy, but you need layout space designated for contact info, instead of spread out across the bottom of the card. Mainly, I use the business card to point folks towards the website. It allows me to make more economical business cards, and use the website for displaying multiple examples of work.

Don't have a website yet? It's time to call Johanna.

Edited by TwinOaks
snafu

heya josh...i believe sheathes is correctly spelled "sheaths" without the "e"...like month as a plural, its spelled months not monthes...if my english is correct the word "sheathes" is an action...example; the deer hunter sheathes his knife after gutting the deer...

an idea also is maybe to take a clean picture of your real maker stamp in leather and crop it then paste it on your card instead of the line drawing...also i'm not really crazy about the font, especially using it for your company title...i don't have a suggestion without looking at others right of hand...but just not the one i'd pick myself...i think the font/lettering makes a statement...and that one honestly doesn't give me the "professional" first impression...but thats just my opinion ;0)...then finally if you go with that exact layout i'd center your number under your name...okay thats it & my 2 cents bud lol

darryl :cheers:

Edited by sodapop

So I have been a graphic artist part time out of high school and been doing mostly biz cards and now I have made my own see what you think of it and give me

some feed back please.

thanks alot take care

Josh

Ok reworked and note taken on the spelling I will fix that.

And I worked on the chaps on the one on the right.

I like the full name in the middle

and on second look the foot on the oval makers mark doesn't look "right" But it does on the lettering.

man I wish I could go in and tweak it and show you what is in my head

general layout the one on the left

font style for Dusty Chaps - the one on the right

one on the left needs some corrections is spelling (Look whos talking! I can't spell my way out of a paper bag >grin<)

I would take your name and forget centering it on the card and center it in the "white space" you have between the list and the chaps.... ( tad down and to the right - I think)

you have blank area there

also phone number and web site should be on the same level -- phone number is "up" a little.

(and I hope you don't get mad at us for picking you design apart, I don't do it to be "mean")

Edited by Suze

Hi Josh-

I like the font that you have on the right-hand one. Make sure to capitalize the "h" in "Halters". I'll let others chip in on layout and design, I'm not very good at that. Keep tweaking!

Crystal

Wonderfull

I like the input and this is great because I am sure to come away with the best design.

Thanks guys

Josh

Hi Josh, I like the design with the foot resting on the email address. How about adding your Town and State between your name and your phone number. People like to know where you are from. - It is hard to find cards with leatherworker type designs on them. Keep up the good work! Deb

JBird

You got my card with the package I recently send right? You whatever words you want to off that card. I like the picture, but I agree with several others here, I would remove the items that you would do. That way it keeps your options open or close depending on what YOU want to do or can do.

good luck

Greetings from Round Rock, Texas

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

Thanks Sam

I will use some stuff off your card I like the layout, I was trying for a new deisgn but it's taking me back to basics in layout and deisgn.

Josh

JBird

You got my card with the package I recently send right? You whatever words you want to off that card. I like the picture, but I agree with several others here, I would remove the items that you would do. That way it keeps your options open or close depending on what YOU want to do or can do.

good luck

Greetings from Round Rock, Texas

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

I like both of them much better! For the font, I like it, but if you want to look for something a touch more "older" or "western" looking, go for it. Nothing like Times Roman, but maybe something with a little serif to it.

Also, with your listing of what you do, you might want to have all of them capitalized or lower case, your first and last don't have capitals while you have the others starting with a capital.

Damon

Ok reworked and ?

Josh

Ok reworked and ?

Josh

Dusty_Chap_new3_renew_new_2.jpg

Dusty_Chap_new3_renew_new_2.1.jpg

post-6549-1238378784_thumb.jpg

post-6549-1238379570_thumb.jpg

Edited by jbird

by gorge - I think you've got it

I like the one on the right with the funky lettering.....

I say stop fussing and use this one.

This is just me, but I'd lose the Comic Sans altogether. It looks very mid-90's nursery school to me. There are so many great fonts at dafont.com; surely you can find one that looks more professional?

I'd lose the drop shadow, too. It looks great on a computer screen, but it rarely reproduces well on a business card.

I like the one on the right.

I'd still lose the list... But, that's just me. Why limit yourself, you may decide you love _____ and not what's on the list, then no need to make a new card.

You've developed a much cleaner, more professional look than the first one, IMHO. Good work!

Thanks all for the input and the list I think I agree with you I am nixing it. Thanks again all take care

Josh

all you have to do to the list is add --- and much more --- to it and that covers anything your little heart desires to make......

frankly I like lists like that on business cards - it reminds me just what they do.

of course I get cards that the name they sell under has NO clue to what they do or sell

"HEdwig's corner" or "Time Traveling Traders" are two that I can think of right off. (hedwigs is a collection of 'stuff" place --- TTT is a man that sells amber.)

I think you are at the point of printing out your samples and seeing what they look like "on paper"

I will be intrested in seeing your final copy.

Just remember if you remove the list to recenter stuff.

No problem with that here - it says "Leatherworks" right in the title. Even years after they got this card they will know what he does.

This will be a great business card!

for now i'll take the one on the right...........

"ask a 1000 people you will get a 1000 answers"

Josh

I like the one on the right!!!

Mike