I have not tried the angelus dyes but I hear a fes of you talking about them how do they compare to fiebings? are they easier to get ever when applying with a brush such as a background on a sheridan project?

I have not tried the angelus dyes but I hear a fes of you talking about them how do they compare to fiebings? are they easier to get ever when applying with a brush such as a background on a sheridan project?

I can not compair... I have never used Fiebungs. Black Angelus is very easy to get even but the others, well I use them on damp leather that seams to work much better. If I start using these on bigger pieces i would get myself an airgun.

My reason for the Angelus dyes is the vivid and clear colors they have, perfect for my type of projects:-)

Tina,

Could you tell me where you find the Angelus spirit dyes?

I did a google seach and all I could find was the acrylic dyes.

Thanks,

Doug

Tina,

Could you tell me where you find the Angelus spirit dyes?

I did a google seach and all I could find was the acrylic dyes.

Thanks,

Doug

http://turtlefeathers.net/text/product-index.html

Just scroll down a wee bit:-)

Good morning Tina,

Please tell me more about the Angelus spirit dyes. What can they be reduced with? Are they lifted by NeatLac? Do they get "muddy" when combining a few colors together, to get another shade? And lastly,,,, how many little bottles, of reduced shades do you have??? :o) Ed

Good morning Tina,

Please tell me more about the Angelus spirit dyes. What can they be reduced with? Are they lifted by NeatLac? Do they get "muddy" when combining a few colors together, to get another shade? And lastly,,,, how many little bottles, of reduced shades do you have??? :o ) Ed

Good Morning to you too Ed:-)

Lets see how manny of the q's I can answer:-)

What can they be reduced with? There is a color "neutral" and they have a reducer, both works. I always gets at least 2 pints of the stuff, it works well.

Are they lifted by NeatLac? I don't know, I have never used neatlack.

Do they get "muddy" when combining a few colors together, to get another shade? I blend them with eachother as I please...And they stay vivid if that is what I want...I started out with the primary colors, red, blue, yellow (use this alot) black and green, just to make a simple start. I do have a few more colors today, I love the saddle and army tan and a few more, still I blend most colors on the spot.

How many little bottles, of reduced shades do you have??? Trick question? :-) I have no idea, if i made a guess...15-20 or so? I mix a color and when using it I ad the reducer, I then use the paper plates (with a plastic coat on) to get the right amount of the color.

What I also like is...Every color range here has its own brush and I don't have to clean them in between use (I Love that) Next time I need it I just dip it in the color, it takes a few seconds then the brush is good to go again:-)

I have actually contacted them to see if I could find a retailer in Europe, they're working on it...I really don't want to change this so I'm hoping here.............Very nice people to deal with:-)