ryan

Probably not for the faint of heart

A couple of days ago, I was putting together some saddle blankets (14 actually) with reflective tape on the rear corners for a local Mounted Posse outfit. I took a break and checked my e-mails and I found a humorous message in which the top picture in the following link was the punchline. The irony was enough to make me chuckle a bit but I was struck with an idea; a marketing strategy if you will. Now, before you go to the link below, I would like to state that as a Cop, I have a morbid sense of humor and some will not find this that amusing (my wife included). It is a little graphic and if you don't like seeing dead animals - don't look at it. So please, before the hate mail starts, consider the fact that you were forewarned. I couldn't post it here so I made a link on my website. It will be found under the links page titled "fake advertisement" for a couple days before I take it off. Otherwise the link below should take you there.

P.S. I don't know the origin of the picture much less the jurisdiction in which it occurred therefore I don't know if the driver lived or if there were any passengers. It's doubtful the horse lived. :rip_1: Now that I've sparked your curiosity; enjoy.

http://fisherleather.com/advertisement.htm

Ryan

Your like a doomsday insurance salesman.

Is it gone? When I go to it all I get is a blank page.

ArtS

A couple of days ago, I was putting together some saddle blankets (14 actually) with reflective tape on the rear corners for a local Mounted Posse outfit. I took a break and checked my e-mails and I found a humorous message in which the top picture in the following link was the punchline. The irony was enough to make me chuckle a bit but I was struck with an idea; a marketing strategy if you will. Now, before you go to the link below, I would like to state that as a Cop, I have a morbid sense of humor and some will not find this that amusing (my wife included). It is a little graphic and if you don't like seeing dead animals - don't look at it. So please, before the hate mail starts, consider the fact that you were forewarned. I couldn't post it here so I made a link on my website. It will be found under the links page titled "fake advertisement" for a couple days before I take it off. Otherwise the link below should take you there.

P.S. I don't know the origin of the picture much less the jurisdiction in which it occurred therefore I don't know if the driver lived or if there were any passengers. It's doubtful the horse lived. :rip_1: Now that I've sparked your curiosity; enjoy.

Ryan

Same here.

Art

Is it gone? When I go to it all I get is a blank page.

ArtS

I've tried it on a couple different computers and it works fine. Can you access my website??

www.fisherleather.com go to links and then "fake advertisement." Otherwise, it could be because I made it with Microsoft Publisher??

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

Works on Internet Explorer, does not work in Firefox.

Art

I've tried it on a couple different computers and it works fine. Can you access my website??

www.fisherleather.com go to links and then "fake advertisement." Otherwise, it could be because I made it with Microsoft Publisher??

Ryan

That was it. I was able to see it on Explorer. Great advertisement. Gets to the point.

ArtS

Hi Ryan,

Art

That was it. I was able to see it on Explorer. Great advertisement. Gets to the point.

ArtS

Mine works ok on Firefox!

Hi Tony,

Maybe you have the IE Emulator plugin for Firefox installed, I don't have that installed.

Art

Maybe you have the IE Emulator plugin for Firefox installed, I don't have that installed.

Thats odd. I'm running Firefox with Linux and I can see it just fine without the plugin. Usually if a non standards compliant, i.e. written for Internet Explorer, is going to break it breaks on my machine.

Jason

Edited by paris32000

I've seen that pic before, but I can't remember the story behind it. The driver didn't live. I think it was taken in Las Vegas?

Reflector tape ought to be stapled to every person in my neighborhood that likes to wear black and jog at night. Some of these people run with the flow of traffic and have iPods in their ears. What are they thinking? I would feel terrible if I hit someone, even if it were their own fault.

Now, who wants to volunteer to sneak up on the deer and slap some tape on their rumps? My mom hit one twenty years ago in a Chevette (remember them?) and thank goodness the trooper showed up so quickly to shoot the frantic animal before she was kicked to death. The former mayor of this town hit a horse at 80 mph in an old Lincoln Continental which tossed the horse 300 feet to its death. She broke a few bones in her face, but the car was driven away from the crash.

Johanna

Here, I'll make this easy for all flavor of browsers

fisheradvertisement.pdf

fisheradvertisement.pdf

Oh Well,

It works on my Firefox at work which doesn't have any plugins. I'm sure there is a perfectly good explanation, but I can't burn a lot of time on it. The one at home may have the equestrian rejection algorithm installed.

Art

Thats odd. I'm running Firefox with Linux and I can see it just fine without the plugin. Usually if a non standards compliant, i.e. written for Internet Explorer, is going to break it breaks on my machine.

Jason

Ryan, I must have the same "type" of humor response you have. Dang!

Oh Well,

It works on my Firefox at work which doesn't have any plugins. I'm sure there is a perfectly good explanation, but I can't burn a lot of time on it. The one at home may have the equestrian rejection algorithm installed.

Art

Art,

"equestrian rejection algorithm installed"....

That's good! Tried it on 7 different ones around the office and my laptop and one of them at work doesn't work. The ones at the office are all locked down and can't be touched so go figure.

Regards,

Ben