MADMAX22

3/8" webbing

Hey everyone I need to find out what is best for camera straps. Im wanting to do some leather ones but really need to incorporate some 3/8" webbing to hook to the camera (its about the only way).

So whats the best kind (nylon, poly,....) and where do ya all recommend getting it from. I looked at the normal resources but everyone in the leather business is limited to 1" or larger (weaver/zacks/....).

Thanks for any input.

CAn't help with which one is best, but weaver has 3/8 webbing. Daniel

Hey everyone I need to find out what is best for camera straps. Im wanting to do some leather ones but really need to incorporate some 3/8" webbing to hook to the camera (its about the only way).

So whats the best kind (nylon, poly,....) and where do ya all recommend getting it from. I looked at the normal resources but everyone in the leather business is limited to 1" or larger (weaver/zacks/....).

Thanks for any input.

CAn't help with which one is best, but weaver has 3/8 webbing. Daniel

Do you have to call for it? Its not in there catalogue, they have 5/8" in the nylon webbing was the smallest they have listed.

One thing to consider is that if the strap is for a DSLR camera it can be very heavy and some cameras hooks is fraying very hard at that point so if you're gonna build exclusive straps for selling you may want to consider some sort of metal attachment to hook up camera to (or replacable ones). My Canon 20D DSLR wore out the strapends in three years.

Tom

One thing to consider is that if the strap is for a DSLR camera it can be very heavy and some cameras hooks is fraying very hard at that point so if you're gonna build exclusive straps for selling you may want to consider some sort of metal attachment to hook up camera to (or replacable ones). My Canon 20D DSLR wore out the strapends in three years.

Tom

Thanks Tom, so far its gonna be for my girlfriends canon xsi. Probably the same little metal slots on yours as well. Really annoying because trying to find a snap that is strong and can clip onto those little guys is gonna be near impossible. Maybe make something so that the small portion that hooks to the camera can be replacable if it wears out.

I use a fair amount of webbing of different sizes and the folks that have the best selection and customer service are:

http://www.strapworks.com/Flat_Nylon_s/61.htm

They've got the 3/8" @ $.20/ft.

I use a fair amount of webbing of different sizes and the folks that have the best selection and customer service are:

http://www.strapworks.com/Flat_Nylon_s/61.htm

They've got the 3/8" @ $.20/ft.

Sweet thanks, saw them while searching around but dont like ordering from places without hearing about there reputation first.

Any tips that you can supply for people new to working with webbing?

I've ordered from them with no problem but most of the time I order from www.paragear.com because all of their material is mil-spec which I use for rifle slings, riggers belts and bags. I like to use tubular nylon webbing for certain types of slings because it is softer and will not dig into the neck area like a more rigid nylon strap.

I've ordered from them with no problem but most of the time I order from www.paragear.com because all of their material is mil-spec which I use for rifle slings, riggers belts and bags. I like to use tubular nylon webbing for certain types of slings because it is softer and will not dig into the neck area like a more rigid nylon strap.

Thanks Ill have to give them a try next time.

I went ahead and ordered variouse different types to try out and play with from the other place.