Sign in to follow this  
Steve Brewer

Butch Cassidy half breed

Just finished this saddle,it is a 15 1/2' seat ,8 1/2" swell ,4 1/2 x 11 " cantle,3 1/2 x 3 1/2" post horn.A 3/4 skirt rigged,with a floral corner carve.

dallis003.jpg

dallis002.jpg

dallis001.jpg

skirtrigging001.jpg

Looks real nice. I just dont care for the pointy square skirts I like the round ones. But I am not trying to drag your wok down one bit I think you did a great job it just my prefference.

Nice work as always.

Tim,When they are ordered you have to put your likes and dislikes aside and build what pays the bills.

Thanks for your post. Steve

I totally agree and Like I said thats just what I would have ordered from you.

Steve,

great work as usual... I like the square skirts really suits the old california style saddles you build.

Question about your groundwork cause my monitor is terrible; Do you just cut a stirrup leather plug out of the top layer of the ground work or do cut through all the layers? From the photo it kind of looks like you only cut out the top layer.

Darc

Great job as always, Steve! Love the skirt rigging of course!

Bob

Very nice saddle Steve. Great rigging.

Steve,

great work as usual... I like the square skirts really suits the old california style saddles you build.

Question about your groundwork cause my monitor is terrible; Do you just cut a stirrup leather plug out of the top layer of the ground work or do cut through all the layers? From the photo it kind of looks like you only cut out the top layer.

Darc

I cut the plug out in one piece.

Steve

Steve, nice work. That tree looks nice. Do you make your own trees?

Steve, nice work. That tree looks nice. Do you make your own trees?

Thank's everyone,This tree came from Quality MNG.

Very nice work, Steve! I really like how you did the in-skirt rigging. It flows very nicely.

And I like square skirts just fine! The square skirts on a California-style saddle look very different from the ones I've seen on the more Texas-style (if that's what they're called) saddles. Might that be because they have square points and the Texas saddles are more rounded off?

Me, I'd like to have a round-skirt custom saddle and then a square-skirt custom saddle and then one of those ones where the skirts come all the way down to the stirrups (I'm told they're called mochillas).

Ah, but reality intervenes... at least I'm not hankering after a side saddle, too!

Thanks for the pics, Steve. I always enjoy seeing your work.

Joanne

Man, you've really been knock'n em out lately Steve! Nice lines, very nice finish work! Keep it up Steve, you're puttin out some fine stuff!

Jon

Jon,Thank you.We try to build 2 to 3 a month.Some times we don't get it ,when we have a lot of carving to do.

Steve

Steve

I like the whole thing. The square skirts have a nice look to them and although most of us like round skirts, you made these look great as always. I still like the way you worked the rigging into the skirts, they look strong. I also like that flower pattern. Great job as usual Can't wait to see the next one. You make me what to work harder on the stuff I'm working on. THANKS

Mark

Steve, great work as usual from you. Your work always gives me a standard to aspire to. JW