MACKEL

Source for wide belt clips

I am in the process of designing my first IWB holster, and the widest belt clip I can find is 7/8". Does anyone know of a source of wider clips? It seems like this would add to the stability of the holster.

I am in the process of designing my first IWB holster, and the widest belt clip I can find is 7/8". Does anyone know of a source of wider clips? It seems like this would add to the stability of the holster.

You might check with WRB holsters. Thay make nylon stuff, but they might be willing to sell clips. The ones I've see are about 1.25 inches wide. I can't remember web address, but it should come up on google. They are in Gun Barrell City, Tx.

look up cdl spring company (larry leatherman)

he's located in CAL.

he makes/stocks 1-1/4" clips

best springs on the market, qualitywise.

whatever you do, dont buy albest. they're poor quality made in nyc by imported indian labour

best regards

clint shields

whatever you do, dont buy albest. they're poor quality made in nyc by imported indian labour

best regards

clint shields

Could you clarify your statement with respect to the quality?

Knifekits.com has several styles http://www.knifekits.com/vcom/index.php?cPath=41_56

These are 1.5" wide and quite sturdy http://www.knifekits.com/vcom/product_info...roducts_id=1323

They also sell Kydex sheet in various thicknesses so you can make your own http://www.knifekits.com/vcom/index.php?cPath=41_54_136

Bronson

Edited by Bronson

Try Ohio Travel Bag

Last week I added a post under supplies for holster clips, I do have small quanities and they are CDL spring clips. Thanks Tim

timstart@netzero.com

Have you found your clips?

Thanks to everyone for your help, I now have several good leads and I am certain I will be able to get what I am looking for.

Thanks again for your great responses-

Mackel

Could you clarify your statement with respect to the quality?

albest clips:

sharp edges, uneven temper, less appealing curves, uneven powder coat finish.

often powder coat clips come with traces of rust.

on the other hand, CDL spring (larry leatherman) makes high grade near perfect clips.

Bianchi, Galco, Mitch Rosen...just about every known big holster name uses his clips.

albest clips:

sharp edges, uneven temper, less appealing curves, uneven powder coat finish.

often powder coat clips come with traces of rust.

Never had that problem with the clips I've ordered from Albest. I've used/ordered approximately 500 of their clips on my holsters over the past few years.

Never had that problem with the clips I've ordered from Albest. I've used/ordered approximately 500 of their clips on my holsters over the past few years.

its good you've had success with albest

so far i have never had any good success with them.

have you tried CDL clips? I suspect if you did, you'd never go back.

you might pay a bit more, but quality is great.

I use approx a case of CDL clips (1,000) every 2 months-and only found about 4 that I would consider rejects...