Sign in to follow this  
dscott

first basket weave try

went to tandy today for class and it was just me and the guy teaching. and he said lets do backetweave i said sound good. I watched him do a project then i stamped a little then bought the tool came home and gave it a try this could get addictive. first try all comments welcome

Thanks

David

DSC01342.JPG

DSC01343.JPG

post-10808-1249178053_thumb.jpg

post-10808-1249178064_thumb.jpg

It looks darn good to me. The only thing I noticed was the alignment was a bit off in a few places, but I'm just nitpicking. Over all it looks good.

hey David thats looks good...........But when whether it is practice or not be guided on the layout lines.

then he should have shown you how to do it.

Thank you both i know lines dont match up just right i noticed that i know practice practice lol

again thanks

david

David,

There are a few who will get each point to come out exactly. Almost everyone will have some points that don't quite meet. A trick for fixing that - Get a flat bladed screwdriver the thickness of the stamp leg. Use it like a stamp to extend the line of the legs and make them meet at an exact point on the line. For a first time you made the centers line up very well in a hard basket pattern to do that on. Good job.

Thank you so much for you commet and tip I was reading your tutuorials they were a great help

Thank you

David

Typically basketweave stops before the edge of the leather and a border tool is used. You ran the basketweave off the edge.

Check out rdb's belt tutorial for an example of arrowhead basketweave