Johanna

IFoLG 2009 Indianapolis

The deadline for show registration is August 24, 2009.

registration.pdf

Who is going to be there?

For more info on the show, go to the CIL website.

I am teaching two classes on Friday, and then it says I am teaching a class Saturday about leatherworker.net for a fee, but that's wrong. If anyone wants to come by and meet others from the site, please join us for coffee and (fresh!) donuts Saturday morning before or after you get to see the competition and display rooms! (Pics will be up by afternoon, don't worry folks! :) )

Hope to see lots of you there!

Johanna

registration.pdf

I will be going down for a day to check out the displays...will they all be out on Wed.???

I prolly won't know til that week which day (Wed., Thurs., or Fri.) I can sneak down there.

I'll be there all three days, then off to Wichita Falls.

Art

registration.pdf

I am teaching two classes on Friday, and then it says I am teaching a class Saturday about leatherworker.net for a fee, but that's wrong. If anyone wants to come by and meet others from the site, please join us for coffee and (fresh!) donuts Saturday morning before or after you get to see the competition and display rooms! (Pics will be up by afternoon, don't worry folks! :) )

Johanna

We'll be there probably Thurs night/maybe Fri morning. Leaving Sunday morning. Coffee and doughnuts huh? I'm good with that.

Rayban- the day to be there is Saturday. The competition and display rooms will be open to the public from 9am to just before the banquet that evening. I'll be getting in around lunchtime on Thursday, and leaving after the raffle on Sunday.

Johanna

Johanna

Thanks for the reminder, checks in the mail ... I won't be able to afford this one this year

Happy Tooling

Tim

Doughnuts? Nobody told me there would be doughnuts!!!

We're telling you now! :lol:

I'll be there, Thursday thru Sunday.

Kate

Hey all, I'll be there as well. Come by my booth, I'd like to meet you. Thanks, Steve

I live about 30 miles from Indy. Where is it at?

My son Riley and I will be there, teaching a class on making cases.

Randy

Hey Randy, it will be nice to see you and your son again, Steve

It will be good to see all of you again, Steve

My son Riley and I will be there, teaching a class on making cases.

Randy

Randy,

That sounds like a class I'd like to take. I can't make it to this show but any chance you'll be teaching at Wickenburg?

I live about 30 miles from Indy. Where is it at?

Frontpost,

It is at the Clarion Hotel off 136, just west of 465.

should be in friday night all day saturday off again sunday.

registration.pdf

I am teaching two classes on Friday, and then it says I am teaching a class Saturday about leatherworker.net for a fee, but that's wrong. If anyone wants to come by and meet others from the site, please join us for coffee and (fresh!) donuts Saturday morning before or after you get to see the competition and display rooms! (Pics will be up by afternoon, don't worry folks! smile.gif )

Johanna

If you are not a guild member is there enough to see and do to make the trip worth the time? I was once a guild member, but have never gone to a show.

You don't have to be a guild member to enjoy the show, but you do have to belong to an IFoLG guild if you are entering pieces in competition. Hope to see you there!

Johanna

If you are not a guild member is there enough to see and do to make the trip worth the time? I was once a guild member, but have never gone to a show.

Thanks, I plan to go. In the early 80's I belonged to Central Indiana Leathercrafters.

I'm going. Tuesday night through Sunday! There has GOT to be time to squeeze in a breakfast...

Brent

PS: You can still register and get hotel rooms for a while yet. Not sure what the new cutoff is, but they did extend it.

Competition - you had to be registered in a guild by about mid August so the registration could be sent in to IFOLG. Otherwise all are welcome to classes, banquet, vendors, etc.

Edited by howardb

My reservations are made- I will be there from around lunch time Thurs to Sunday afternoon. Whoo-hoo! I'm looking forward to this show!

Johanna

I joined The CIL and signed up for a few classes on Saturday, see you there.

Our plans are still up in the air a bit. We will be getting there on the Sunday before. As of now looks like we will be setting up camp at the hotel, and day trips out of there. Up to Logansport to see my folks. Maybe a run up to Purdue for a class reunion on Weds night. Down to Brown county. Over to Rockville for some covered bridges. I am signed up for a class on Friday and one Saturday.

As an aside, I have a soft spot for museums. The Eiteljorg Museum in Indy is reported to have a really nice collection of western and NA art. I checked out their site today. On Saturday the 26th they are having a "West Fest" with demonstrations and music through the day. Sons of the San Joaquin will be singing there, we see them around out here and like them. Looks like some nice demos set up too.