Sign in to follow this  
Storm

Aztec Skull Finished but Needs Once Over

Got all the background in and will wait until tomorrow to give it another once over with fresh eyes. Hate proof reading my own stuff but there ya go!

That looks way cool. Great job.

Now, this is a great pattern...I Love it:-)

Love it !! The more you look the more you see and admire. That's alot of work, it's like it's all detail work.

Cool artwork, my eyes and hands would be exhausted! Where are ya getting your reference material?

Sometimes I get the ideas from my own skull, as it were and sometimes I might see something that I like and modify it for the carving I want to do.  I found this drawing that looked like it might have been worked up for a Black and Grey tattoo. Then I modified it and created a tracing pattern and went to carving!!

Patterns can be very much like sheet music every musician and or conductor has their own take on the music and in that way we find the diversity of our world.

Cool artwork, my eyes and hands would be exhausted! Where are ya getting your reference material?
Edited by Storm

funny, the only reason I asked is because it looked so tattooable. I have been tattooing for 12 years so it's second nature for me to see things that way. Not to mention when i draw or paint my tattooing influence takes over. Good stuff. Keep at it.

I am a big ink fan.  I love what some people can do. Right now my favorite is Corey Miller who is also from Southern California.He can do color and also Black and Grey but his work is totally sick. Doing the leather and tattooing have a lot of similarities.  When you are creating a tattoo transfer and making a line pattern for a leather carve it is literally the same thing. And your working on one hide or another :thumbsup:

funny, the only reason I asked is because it looked so tattooable. I have been tattooing for 12 years so it's second nature for me to see things that way. Not to mention when i draw or paint my tattooing influence takes over. Good stuff. Keep at it.